• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'Fairy godmother' taxpayer faces funding £200bn British bail-out for greedy bankers"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    So 15% of mortgage debt going down the pan? Or does the 200bn cover other debts too?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, I don't hate the city. I'd tell you whom I really hate but I don't want to get Po-210 into my tea
    SG has got access to Po-210?

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    All of those greedy banks should be allowed to go bust.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Its not only a matter o paying everyone’s mortgage, there are also other factors to consider, e.g. employment and commercial factors, if there is no banks, there is no business, there is no jobs, the few remaining banks would dominate the market, unemployed people and surviving business, would be charged loads more, they may have a roof over their head, but they still need the jobs. Also they wont be able to sell their house to move on as no one is able to buy a house or get a mortgage…i.e. the whole wheel would come into a grinding holt.
    What I want to know is - who owns the Central Bank ?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    yep best thing to do is Yawn
    You've been drinking, I see.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Thanks Dim !

That site is simply mind-blowing....

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by aceboy View Post
    ATW, change the record, this is getting very boring. I think it is fair to say everyone on here knows you hate the city....
    and the LHC

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by aceboy View Post
    I think it is fair to say everyone on here knows you hate the city....
    No, I don't hate the city. I'd tell you whom I really hate but I don't want to get Po-210 into my tea

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Yawn!
    yep best thing to do is Yawn

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Its not only a matter o paying everyone’s mortgage, there are also other factors to consider, e.g. employment and commercial factors, if there is no banks, there is no business, there is no jobs, the few remaining banks would dominate the market, unemployed people and surviving business, would be charged loads more, they may have a roof over their head, but they still need the jobs. Also they wont be able to sell their house to move on as no one is able to buy a house or get a mortgage…i.e. the whole wheel would come into a grinding holt.
    Yawn!

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aceboy
    replied
    ATW, change the record, this is getting very boring. I think it is fair to say everyone on here knows you hate the city....

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Interesting idea..I wonder what the total mortgage of the population of the UK (for homes in the UK) currently stands at ?
    http://www.creditaction.org.uk/feb.html

£1,185bn

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Wouldnt it be cheaper to pay off everyones mortgage and let the banks go bust?
    Interesting idea..I wonder what the total mortgage of the population of the UK (for homes in the UK) currently stands at ?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Wouldnt it be cheaper to pay off everyones mortgage and let the banks go bust?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X