• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Damien Hirst/Tracy Emin"

Collapse

• bogeyman
    replied
    Hirst is a fraud. He practically admits it. He can't even draw. He has poor craft skills and dumb/obvious concepts. His work is bought by investors, not art lovers. Give him credit though, he has redefined what it is to be an 'artist' (i.e. hugely successful self-publicist with the right connections).

Emin is an artist. She can draw. She enjoys being controversial, but she has produced some good art IMO.

Why lump these two very different artists together? Is it that obsolete 'YBA' concept?
    Last edited by bogeyman; 19 September 2008, 12:42.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Well I'm clueless when it comes to art but I quite like hirst's stuff. Fk knows why it is so pricey, but I can understand the attaction of it. I don't get Tracey Emin at all though - that video of her dancing around in front of the camera was grade A class 1 w@nk.

Leave a comment:

• badgerpig
    replied
    absolute dross

burn it, burn it, burn it, burn him, errrrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Would I bollocks. She's got more facial hair then HairyArsedBloke...
    Come on, where's your animal instincts?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I much prefer the dogs playing snooker myself...

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post

The Art World is ball-less, shallow and infested with no-nowt critics.
    Entire

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Chavs (eg Russians etc) love this type of art - grassroots level (same as theirs)
    Charles Saatchi is the culprit.

He has effectively promoted both artists infinitely beyond their true abilities by buying their crap for £££s.

The Art World is ball-less, shallow and infested with know-nowt critics. The Art World applauds Emin & Hirst and further promotes their "work". They are careful to avoid mentioning Saatchi.

Tracy & Damien buy champers and caviar and have to wear Tenna Lady Pads, as they keep weeing themselves with mirth.

Charles puts a few of the works on the market and makes a pile.

More champagne is bought.

More Tenna Lady Pads are bought.

Tracy makes another bed and damien buys more formaldehyde.

Repeat ad infinitum.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by stackpole View Post
    I still might. Would you?
    Would I bollocks. She's got more facial hair then HairyArsedBloke...

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Chav art

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I don't like either of their art. I do not see what all the fuss is about. I can not begin to imagine how he made so much at Sothebys this week.
    Chavs (eg Russians etc) love this type of art - grassroots level (same as theirs)

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    If on the market yes, under certain circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    I love them both... really.

Here we all are, working our bums off pretending to be doing something useful for our Clients, whilst Tracy & Hirst get bazillions for below average 6th form art student w@nk. Good luck to 'em.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    I don't like either of their art. I do not see what all the fuss is about. I can not begin to imagine how he made so much at Sothebys this week.

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Tend to agree

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I used to think she was a BOBFOC.
    Tend to agree