• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When you see a speed camera"

Collapse

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    No I'm just reponding to an illegal move - Highway Code states
    you pair of knobs
    You are assuming it is deliberate. Never attribute to ........... no you wouldn't get the ref anyway.

Even if the other driver is behaving like a complete nob it still does not give you the right to drive in a dangerous manner. As someone else said the highway code requires other things of you and selective reading is not a good idea.

Remove your ego from the driving seat and learn about patience and good manners.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Doesn't work too well if your car pull's a ton in third and hits the limit in fourth.... (As found out at Silverstone which was quite gutting as I had two more gears left ).

Damn Japanese and their 120MPH limits
    I reckon you can de-restrict it for a few pennies. I had a Honda that was restricted, it cost me £120 IIRC..

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Doesn't work with the new cameras, only the old ones which took two pictures and hence two flashes. You also have to be traveling over 150mph (ish) for the second flash not to register.

I can't watch this here, but I think it's the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8
    Excellent, my Passat will do 170mph...

Milan

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Other, if it's 30, put the car in 3rd before the camera, if it's 60 or 70 put it in 4th. I never bang the brakes on for speed cameras
    Doesn't work too well if your car pull's a ton in third and hits the limit in fourth.... (As found out at Silverstone which was quite gutting as I had two more gears left ).

Damn Japanese and their 120MPH limits

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

What bugs me about speed camers is when you have a road with a 40 limit and a speed camera, the number of people who slow down to 27 to go through it becuase they don't know the limit for the road.
    There are a couple of roads where I do that becuse the council changed the speed limit four times in one year! Even the SAT Nav download can't keep up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    other - I jump into bed with andyw

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Other, if it's 30, put the car in 3rd before the camera, if it's 60 or 70 put it in 4th. I never bang the brakes on for speed cameras

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Indeed (18)

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    very eloquent

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Yay!

Just 20 more dull, meaningless, bile-filled dribblings of an inadequate dolt who is a devoted slave to Madam Palm and her five daughters.

I can't wait
    very eloquent

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    20 to go....
    Yay!

Just 20 more dull, meaningless, bile-filled dribblings of an inadequate dolt who is a devoted slave to Madam Palm and her five daughters.

I can't wait

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    20 to go....

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Where does it say that if the person you are overtaking speeds up you should pull in and tail gate them acting like a complete knob? My guess is that it is only found in the copy you have, written in biro in your spazzy handwriting
    now you're being surreal

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Where does it say that if the person you are overtaking speeds up you should pull in and tail gate them acting like a complete knob? My guess is that it is only found in the copy you have, written in biro in your spazzy handwriting

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The Highway Code also states (rule 147) that "You should... try to be understanding if other road users cause problems... be patient; remember that anyone can make a mistake... not allow yourself to become agitated or involved if someone is behaving badly on the road. This will only make the situation worse."
    ....another knob joins the conversation

Leave a comment:

Working...
X