• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Fuel Poverty

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fuel Poverty"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I'm very poor. Maybe I should apply for some free stuff.

On the other hand. I don't really want any 'official' looking into just how poor I am.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Sorry, I'll turn it down from 28 to 26C.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Well the outdoor heated 50 metre swimming pool doesn't help I must admit

If we have hoses banned during water shortages, then surely there is an argument to ban waste of precious fuel. It's this waste and frivilous usage that increases demand and allows countries such as Russia to exploit us with exhorbitant prices.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    People should just wear more clothes and cut their usage instead of wearing shorts in green houses !! How anybody gets a 5K annual heating bill amazes me
    Well the outdoor heated 50 metre swimming pool doesn't help I must admit

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    People should just wear more clothes and cut their usage instead of wearing shorts in green houses !! How anybody gets a 5K annual heating bill amazes me

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Salary - £11k
    Fuel bill - £2k

Hey Gordon, I'm double poverty. Where's my free stuff?

Leave a comment:

• Turion
    started a topic Fuel Poverty

Fuel Poverty

This is defined as paying 10%+ of your pay on gas/electicity. So as an example someone taking home 50K living in a big house and spending 5K on fuel is in poverty, same as someone on 10k and paying out 1k. Doesn't add up to me.

Working...
X