• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 9 to 5.30

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "9 to 5.30"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    my contract doesn't specify working hours in order to help make it clear I am not an employee.
    WHS++

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I just come and go whenever, so far my lack of time keeping has been critised only twice.... and both times by fellow contractors
    Same here - my contract doesn't specify working hours in order to help make it clear I am not an employee.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    I just come and go whenever, so far my lack of time keeping has been critised only twice.... and both times by fellow contractors

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Roughly 8 to 4:30 +/- 0:30 depending on the day.

Unfortunately, those times are EST.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    8-4, with a 1 hour lunchbreak - Sweeet!

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    No stipulated hours in my contract, or days come to that. I often work from home and arrive/leave at strange hours to show I'm not a permie.

As long as the job gets done...

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    In my last 4 years as a contractor on 3 different gigs I've never had a problem with "flexible" hours and the occasional work from home. Fridays - never beyond 3pm (if I'm in)

You're in the wrong job mate.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    "The Man" realised he can't control you when you're at home in your jim-jams posting on CUK when you should be "tele-working".
    It's more to do with bums on seats management.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    i spread 80 hrs over 8.5 days, arriving and leaving when i like then fly home thursday afternoon for a long weekend every 2 weeks.. works great for me

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    Last 2 contracts have been 9 to 5.30 and 9 to 5 (only 30 mins for lunch tho').

Before that I did 10 til 6 and even 7 til 7 (days and nights), so I'm quite happy going to 9 to 5.

Would be nice to finish at 4 tho'.

Leave a comment:

• the_rangdo
    replied
    No issues for me (yet)

7:30-4 except on Fridays where I never get past 2

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

What ever happened to the tele-commuting revolution that was supposed to happen 15 years ago?

"The Man" realised he can't control you when you're at home in your jim-jams posting on CUK when you should be "tele-working".

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    started a topic 9 to 5.30

9 to 5.30

Is it just me or are clients all going back to the dark ages?

10 years ago I used to work 7.30 to 4 on just about every gig - now just about every client stipulates 9 to 5.30. Perhaps 8 to 4.30 at a push.

I mean WTF? 21st century and we're locked into mill-owner mentality, no wonder rush hours are so bad.

Permie jobs are worse (as you'd expect). Apparently the govt has made it a legal requirement to request flexible working for parents. Yes that's right - request it. And the employers have a right to decline it. Classic NL, looks like they're addressing a problem but scratch beneath the surface and they're doing fook all.

What ever happened to the tele-commuting revolution that was supposed to happen 15 years ago?

Working...
X