• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Spore

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Spore"

Collapse

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    never thought of it like that, i'll give it a try tonight in the hotel bar..
    chef is awarded +5 BJ points

Leave a comment:

• Mort
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    You carry a photo of your girlfriend in order to impress chicks?

Damn, she must be hot!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post

Damn, she must be hot!
    never thought of it like that, i'll give it a try tonight in the hotel bar..

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Boring. Do you carry your PC specs around in your wallet to impress chicks?
    that is the spec required to play the game spore, not of my machine..

to answer your question, no, i mainly carry a wedge of cash, bank cards, expense receipts and a photo of g'friend chef

Damn, she must be hot!

Leave a comment:

• Mort
    replied
    Hopefully a patch or too will sort it out in the future. i just got bored with having to fly round my colonies every 10 mins eradicating 5 diseased monkeys to stop the planet going to hell, or to fight off the latest wave of . Needs lot's more variety.

And even with all the user created content, I didn't see one creature shaped like a pair of tits. Big let down

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mort View Post
    Save your money, it's all style and no substance. Great, you can design stuff but the game itself is rubbish. Unless you like "kill 5 of these, befriend 5 of these, rinse and repeat" types of games. Got to the space stage and just found it as boring.

Shame, I'd been looking forward for this for a very long time, had it five days and it's now been confined to repetitive crap section of my game collection.

Still, all is not lost, my Wii arrived today.
    the amazon reviews seems to back your claims

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mort View Post
    Great, you can design stuff but the game itself is rubbish. Unless you like "kill 5 of these, befriend 5 of these, rinse and repeat" types of games. Got to the space stage and just found it as boring.
    Ah, wasnt aware it was all like this!! sounds like Assassains Creed all over again!

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    the new game from the maker of Civilisation and Sims

http://eu.spore.com/home.cfm?lang=en

looks pretty good i think
    i picked this up on Sunday and run it off my HP laptop, dual core 64bit, 2gb RAM etc.

Runs v well.

What a game this is! a lot of thinking has gone in to it. i put it on for 5 mins to have a quick look and 2hrs later me and the lad realised we where late to go somewhere! when we got back had 5 more minutes which turned in to 1am and me realising i'd not walked the dog or anything!

V playable, v good looking. well worth it i think.

Leave a comment:

• Mort
    replied
    Save your money, it's all style and no substance. Great, you can design stuff but the game itself is rubbish. Unless you like "kill 5 of these, befriend 5 of these, rinse and repeat" types of games. Got to the space stage and just found it as boring.

Shame, I'd been looking forward for this for a very long time, had it five days and it's now been confined to repetitive crap section of my game collection.

Still, all is not lost, my Wii arrived today.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    that is the spec required to play the game spore, not of my machine..

to answer your question, no, i mainly carry a wedge of cash, bank cards, expense receipts and a photo of g'friend chef
    Last edited by chef; 10 September 2008, 12:29.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Windows XP/Vista

Processor 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    RAM XP: 512 MB / Vista: 768 MB
    Graphics card 128 MB with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    Hard disk drive space At least 6 GB

When using a PC with an on-board (aka built-in or "shared") graphics chipset, the specs bump up to:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, 945GM or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.
    * 768 MB RAM

my laptop's good enough to play it
    Boring. Do you carry your PC specs around in your wallet to impress chicks?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Specification required to play Spore on Windows XP/Vista

Processor 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    RAM XP: 512 MB / Vista: 768 MB
    Graphics card 128 MB with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
    Hard disk drive space At least 6 GB

When using a PC with an on-board (aka built-in or "shared") graphics chipset, the specs bump up to:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, 945GM or above.
    * 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.
    * 768 MB RAM

my laptop's good enough to play it
    Last edited by chef; 10 September 2008, 12:26.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    It looks fantastic to me.
    However my lappy can just about handle Civ 3 so I think Spore might be a bit too much. Is it going to be launched on a console?
    Sim City 4 is a good one for laptops. Old enough to run very nicely on a decent laptop

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    PITA = Pain In The A$$

DRM = Digital Rights Management = Piracy protection.

The DRM that EA games use is a horrible bit of kit that installs a device driver and software that's nasty to remove.

Spore has DRM applied that limits the game to 3 installs (changing a Vid or sound card in your PC will use an install up) which is frankly scandalous and to get more you have to call the States and explain why you need to install it again.

The game may be great, but the anti piracy technique that EA are pursuing means I wouldn't ever buy it.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    It looks fantastic to me.
    However my lappy can just about handle Civ 3 so I think Spore might be a bit too much. Is it going to be launched on a console?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X