• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch"

Collapse

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Not if they are sewn back on
    They sewed his toes onto his hands.

It's now easier to get at the athletes foot he has

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
    Diver - that is interesting point, does this mean all critical illness insurances are useless for us contractors - unless we are willing to close our companies?
    I don't know, You will have to read the small print. Something I was too lazy to do

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Diver - that is interesting point, does this mean all critical illness insurances are useless for us contractors - unless we are willing to close our companies?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    huh? but I presume you were unable to work - hence think you may qualify to the critical illness clause?
    Only if I resigned as director and ceased work altogether. small print had me every time

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Darn - that puts me off going on the DIY for girls course, mind you they recommend one of them pink/purple tools, so may be they have extra safety built in features

sasguru

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    huh? but I presume you were unable to work - hence think you may qualify to the critical illness clause?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Are you classified as incapacitated? Did you get an insurance money (think most insurance have clauses relating to losing fingers)

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Are you classified as incapacitated? Did you get an insurance money (think most insurance have clauses relating to losing fingers)

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Darn - that puts me off going on the DIY for girls course, mind you they recommend one of them pink/purple tools, so may be they have extra safety built in features
    Apparently they are fitted with an extractor bag to catch your fingers as they drop off.

Stops the dog from scoffing them

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    A Circular Saw...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    What happened to your fingers Diver?
    Too much Pot Noodle.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    What happened to your fingers Diver?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    will the bits that don't work ever come back?
    Not properly

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    will the bits that don't work ever come back?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    yeah - i guess it's a bit tricky with only one properly working hand.
    Not too bad now, 2 1/2 of the fingers work + the thumb

Leave a comment:

Working...
X