• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "And now, for something completely different..."

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    This research comes from Scotland so is meaningless...

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He and his fellows are superb musicians and sometimes when it all comes together they sound amazing, but mostly it just sounds like a bunch of musicians tuning up before a gig.
    I saw Jean Michelle Jarre at the Birmingham Symphony Hall a few months back, and before the gig started he explained that he and his "band" would have to tune the analog synths as they don't "travel well". So off they went, and before I knew it they'd also played the first number without me noticing

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    OPERA: High self-esteem, creative, gentle
    Wasn't Hitler was a huge Wagner fan?

BTW where's the Rastabilly Skank category?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    They probably got a govt. grant...

'I know, let's spend all this money trying to crudely pigeon-hole people by music tastes...'

No - check that - they were probably funded by the music or ad industry. Does it say? I'm too hung over to read the article properly.
    Probably the arts council. I know a jazz musician who gets arts council funding for his "freeform" jazz experiments. He and his fellows are superb musicians and sometimes when it all comes together they sound amazing, but mostly it just sounds like a bunch of musicians tuning up before a gig. He often laughs about a fellow musician who was asked why he left the gig early. The reply was "you get arts council money to play that stuff,, I don't get paid to listen".

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Apparently we rockers have low self esteem!

How do I fit into this research considering I have Punk, Rock, jazz, blues, rap, reggae, soul, classical and opera in my record collection?
    You were a very mixed up kid

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    They probably got a govt. grant...

'I know, let's spend all this money trying to crudely pigeon-hole people by music tastes...'

No - check that - they were probably funded by the music or ad industry. Does it say? I'm too hung over to read the article properly.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Apparently we rockers have low self esteem!

How do I fit into this research considering I have Punk, Rock, jazz, blues, rap, reggae, soul, classical and opera in my record collection?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    ...latest news:

The Institute for the Bleedin' Obvious have, today, concluded that different types of music are related to personality types. Key findings include:

Reggae fans are lazy
    Country & Western fans aren't
    Everybody except Pop, Rap and Country & Western fans are creative
    Classical music fans are shy

Stay tuned for more groundbreaking research.
    Shy!

Describes me to a T

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    started a topic And now, for something completely different...

And now, for something completely different...

...latest news:

The Institute for the Bleedin' Obvious have, today, concluded that different types of music are related to personality types. Key findings include:

Reggae fans are lazy
    Country & Western fans aren't
    Everybody except Pop, Rap and Country & Western fans are creative
    Classical music fans are shy

Stay tuned for more groundbreaking research.

Working...
X