• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: House prices falling at fastest rate in 25 years"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    That's exactly why I have a nice stash.
    large tache

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    A permie that shops at Asda and drives an Aygo. You get 3 guesses....
    That's exactly why I have a nice stash.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    How big's your STR fund?
    A permie that shops at Asda and drives an Aygo. You get 3 guesses....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Well done.

How big's your STR fund?
    Almost as big as DP's

Actually that should read nowhere as big as DP's fantasy fund.
    Last edited by sasguru; 4 September 2008, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Excellent, excellent! As I am not relying on mortgage funding, even better news. And foreigners selling. Double excellent.
    I reckon when the next boom finally takes off, as it will, it will make me a millionaire (a real one, not a DP one)
    Well done.

How big's your STR fund?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You say that and then go on to agree with me on approximate timeline:
    It was this quote that I called bollux. And it contradicts the timeline no?

"The effect of this crash will be so painful that it will scare a few generations"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Bollux as usual.
    You say that and then go on to agree with me on approximate timeline:

Around 4-5 years from now we will hit the bottom.
    From there house prices will start climbing, slowly at first then increasingly fast.
    10 years from now we'll have the same moaning about high prices all over again.

Leave a comment:

• pisces
    replied
    OH dear

Yippee.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Keep your powder dry then - I doubt we will see same house price boom for at least 10 years in this country, probably 15-20. The effect of this crash will be so painful that it will scare a few generations.

Bollux as usual.

Just as the upside is exagerrated so is the downside.
    But as you have no experience let me enlighten you. Everyone will predict the end of civilisation as we know it for the next couple of years.
    Yet for the majority (say 90%) there will be not much difference, apart from a little belt tightening.
    Around 4-5 years from now we will hit the bottom.
    From there house prices will start climbing, slowly at first then increasingly fast.
    10 years from now we'll have the same moaning about high prices all over again.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How's SKA doing?
    Very well.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I reckon when the next boom finally takes off
    Keep your powder dry then - I doubt we will see same house price boom for at least 10 years in this country, probably 15-20. The effect of this crash will be so painful that it will scare a few generations.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown
    replied
    Please stop worrying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7597276.stm

As I've said above, and I'll repeat it here, Britain is well placed in this Global Downturn thanks to our flexible workforce.

Now, please bend over and show me just how flexible you can be.

Love'n'hugs,

Gordo

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    How's SKA doing?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Banks won't lend as much money as they did in the past until next bubble - this means house prices will be moderated as most people won't get the money to buy them otherwise. Most of those "speculators" don't have cash - this crazy buy-to-let speculation was mostly funded by banks, so that's not going to happen soon.

In fact here is one more insight - as pound is dropping rapidly effectively in 2 weeks it made UK houses 10-12% cheaper than they used to cost. This won't attract buyers though - I think it will just make foreign owners sell as fast as they can as otherwise they get double whammy: cumulative house price losses for those people are now over 25% and they got a lot more to lose.
    Excellent, excellent! As I am not relying on mortgage funding, even better news. And foreigners selling. Double excellent.
    I reckon when the next boom finally takes off, as it will, it will make me a millionaire (a real one, not a DP one)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I was expecting a scientific rebuttal and all I got was a fart
    Free tip - stop sniffing butts...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X