• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who's going to be Chancellor next week?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Spot the quivering lip....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7589737.stm

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Certainly heading that way:

linky

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Well, it looks like it really is tulip!!!

Leave a comment:

• KathyWoolfe
    replied
    I keep getting flashbacks to Blackadder 4 where the aide to General Melchet was a Captain Darling - and was as effective in getting believed by Blackadder.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Talking about new chancellors, I heard things are likely to come to head next week, with a full-blown sterling crisis.
    Hmmm we had to wait for the chancellor to be fired after the last Sterling crisis - wonder if this one will quit if it happens?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Love it that he thinks the major problem is that "Labour hasn't got it's message across"
    Yes - John Major and his pals used to say that a lot - sadly it seems that after this long in power, no party can accept that voters are sick of them

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Not Darling, he's getting his excuses in early ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7589291.stm

Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes (by a civil servant).

"We're all focked. I'm focked. You're focked. The whole department is focked. It's the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely focked."
    Reminds me of several contracts I've taken to "turn around a failing project", which translates as "paper over the cracks for this IT department in meltdown". This gov is in meltdown. Sterling crisis would be the critical mass point.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    One wag I knew discribed "q. v." as a latin version of hyperlink

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ooooooooo... a "q. v.".

We don't get many of them...
    Not in the Valleys, no.

More "look over by there..."

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Talking about new chancellors, I heard things are likely to come to head next week, with a full-blown sterling crisis.
    It's just like the good old days.

Where's the Kalagon and the Healeybun? *

*q.v. Steve Bell - 'Maggies Farm'

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I can see the headlines now........ 'Another BALLS-UP by the Chancellor !!'. Perhaps he should change his name because at the moment it is just too perfect and sums up the current lot in every aspect.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Where's the Ed 'Blinky' Balls option?

He's a shoo-in, surely.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Gordon Brown has always been the Chancellor and always will be while he PM. Darling is his puppet. Unfortunately Brown never was much good at the job, but excellent at spin, and now the chickens are truly coming home.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Ofcourse, none of it is anything to do with any government policies or actions.........
    I was wondering about this myself yesterday. If we'd had a conservative government in power since 1997, would we have had a boom, and impending bust cycle? My recollection of school economics lessons suggest yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X