• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apple Didn't Fall - It Was Pushed"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    First off Einsteins theory supeceded Newtons but then Einsteins theories were proven not to be accurate at the sub atomic level.
    Scientists are still hunting for the unification theory that will explain how massive objects and tiny objects work and interrelate.

There is nothing wrong with this , its how science works. What is interesting is how you accept it in this case but are averse to applying the same standard to the evolutionary theory.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    EO

would that be Einstein's new theory of gravitation or Newton's?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Sorry Chico me old mate

but the laws of Gravity are very flawed which is why the satire is so good. Creationists are keen to demolish evolutionary theory because they see it as undermining the Bible, they are not interested in trying to demolish the idea of gravity because nowhere in the Bible does it say 'and on the fifth day God decided that Adam should stop floating around in the sky. And it WAS good.'

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    OK so we all agree
    Phew!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Ok lets go back to basics - the original post in this was a satire on the whole intelligent design debate happening in the States. Gravitational theory or Newtonian phsyics is not flawed and Einstein used it as the basis his theory of relativity. Rebecca the initial post was ironic and you grabbed the wrong end of the stick.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    I think you have missed a lot!!!!
    Stop doing that Chico, that is not an answer. Tell her what she has missed.
    I dont see Newton saying "apples fall because God did it". He says the fall due to gravity. A natural force.
    I know that you believe that if it is natural then it must be God.

The rest of us do not attribute the things we dont understand to a higher force, we prefer to try and find a reasonable explanation, which usualy turns up at some time.

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    well come on, tell me

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
    Chico, where is God in the theories behind Sir Isaac Newton's work? His gravitational theory is completely God-less, unless I have missed something!

I think you have missed a lot!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    Chico, where is God in the theories behind Sir Isaac Newton's work? His gravitational theory is completely God-less, unless I have missed something!

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    huh? Come again? yes hyperd whatever you say....

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Dundee their biographies tell a different story.
    No they didn't.

Faraday, Davy, Plank, Maxwell and and others were Christians and some had a desire to prove the "existence of god" thought their research, but their empirical formulae were based on observation, not superstition.

The Onion is a satirical website. Think of it as a candle for the Christian moth.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Jesus Car, a Jesus Radio, a Jesus Ship, a Jesus Computer!

Popemobile, happy clapper radio luvvie, the Ark, well IBM have risen from the dead.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    OK Chico, the fact that the people you mention were christian had nothing to do with their inventions/discoveries/observations.

Dundee their biographies tell a different story.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
    Given how the thread started, maybe I shouldn't be taking peoples responses at face value .... but for the benefit of those who missed this, "The Onion" is a satirical publication.
    Shhhhhhhhhhh.... it was about to get amusing.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Oh now you've done it Rebecca

OK Chico, the fact that the people you mention were christian had nothing to do with their inventions/discoveries/observations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X