• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The End

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The End"

Collapse

• ookook
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    6 months out travelling south america (or south east asia) then head up to Canada and do a ski season - that's what I'd do!!!!

Least last time I was in that situation, it's what I did. Best time of my life.
    Ahh what a great idea... Soon as this latest gravy trains runs out - I'm there..

Leave a comment:

• ft101
    replied
    Its a no brainer.. go travelling. You'll be all the better for it, plus you'll have a great time. The missus and I went RTW this year for three months, didn't spend anywhere near 25k and had a great time. Been before too for longer, been all over. Its the main reason I work.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    Nah dont listen to all these people going on about travelling and enjoying yourself. You need something secure and sustainable, get a permie job.

And use your savings to invest in property while your at it.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Set to finish my contract which has lasted just about 1 year and 3 months.

- I don't have a mortgage
    - I recently no longer have a girlfriend and am mourning
    - All I pay is rent
    - I have about 25k in my business account where I pay myself from and lots more in my personal savings

Should I look for a new contract or go traveling?

P
    Nah dont listen to all these people going on about travelling and enjoying yourself. You need something secure and sustainable, get a permie job.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    Don't listen to them, they're all talking rubbish.

Plenty of work in Slough - go there. You'll never look back...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Don't listen to them, they're all talking rubbish.

Plenty of work in Slough - go there. You'll never look back...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    6 months out travelling south america (or south east asia) then head up to Canada and do a ski season - that's what I'd do!!!!

Least last time I was in that situation, it's what I did. Best time of my life.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post
    get yourself gone. Suntan, cold beer and sex with young backpackers with trust funds. Why the ferk do you need to ask!?
    Indeed.

'tis a no-brainer, Peter. Get the hell out there!

Leave a comment:

• Pickle2
    replied
    get yourself gone. Suntan, cold beer and sex with young backpackers with trust funds. Why the ferk do you need to ask!?

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    **** off travelling

Seriously
    WHS

And why not film yourself doing a dance in each place you visit, then get sponsored by a chewing gum manufacturer to do it all over again.

Ah, wait, somebody already did that

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    **** off travelling

Seriously
    WHS

Seriously

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post

- All I pay is rent
    - I have about 25k in my business account where I pay myself from and lots more in my personal savings

P
    Go to South America for 2 months mate. Cheap as chips and trust me, you will not be mourning when you get back. I spent 6 weeks in Rio. Best time of my life, ever!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    **** off travelling

Seriously

Leave a comment:

• Peter Loew
    started a topic The End

The End

- All I pay is rent

P

Working...
X