• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I swear to god BT are ******* useless!!!!!"

Collapse

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    It's worth sending your letter direct to the chairman of BT:

Sir Michael Rake
    Bet he's raking it in

(sorry couldn't resist)

p.s. why isn't there a smilie for "bored"?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    It's worth sending your letter direct to the chairman of BT:

Sir Michael Rake
    BT Group plc,
    BT Centre,
    81 Newgate Street,
    London EC1A 7AJ

I did that a few years ago (Iain Vallance in those days) and it got dealt with in short order by a department called 'high level compaints'. Apparently, this department deals with complaints to the chairman and ofcom and get things sorted quickly, at least in my experience.

I only have my line rental through BT now. Everything else through alternative providers...

BTW, don't forget this!!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    For that matter don't deceive yourself that Virgin (ex Telewest/NTL) are significantly different from BT when it comes to cockups.

I've come incredibly close to ditching them on several occasions due to their astounding stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I have never had any problems with BT. However, I know a lot of people who have.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Originally posted by zathras View Post
    Why bother - if they do not want your business, tell them the next time a 'salesman' calls that it is obvious that BT do not want your business and then go to a competitor.

(Then check your experian credit file, and ask for it to be modified if the debt is recorded)
    1) Because I don't want a 12 month contract
    2) Because I don't want to pay instalation charges

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    With NTL Virgin they use different cable that runs underground, so BT can't do ****

Can't wait until they loose their monopoly, people will be leaving in droves.
    2 things:
    Lucky man!
    Damn right, me first!

So overwhelmd by idea, won't even bother to lose

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    My letter to BT:

To Whom It May Concern,

It is with great frustration that I am forced to write this letter but after 5 hours of unhelpful phone calls I need to express my views and make someone aware of the incompetence of the so called “customer service” from BT.

Last week I received a final bill which I presumed must have been a mistake as I am in a 12 month rolling contract with BT and always punctual with payments, so called your customer service team to query this and at the same time thought I’d pay seeing as I was already on the phone. After a 20 minute wait (I strongly believe whoever is responsible for your hold music needs shooting!) I was able to pay. However after I was thanked for the payment I was then told that my account had actually been cancelled and that I am no longer a BT customer! – Thanks! As you can imagine I was mystified and asked why but received no explanation-the lady I spoke to simply didn’t know! Whilst on the phone I checked my internet and true to word it was disconnected. After being told I was up to date with everything and all had been paid - thank you very much, I was unable to work out where the misunderstanding had taken place. I spent 2 hours in total on this call without a specific answer and after speaking to about 5 different BT representatives (most of which I was unable to understand!) I was informed someone else would call me back. Believe it or not I was called back – Hallaylooyay!... by a member of the sales team that asked “are you ready to place an order sir???” After going over chapter and verse again with this member of the sales team I was told I would basically need to start all over again as a new customer, sign up for a 12 month contract and pay the installation costs. WHAT??

I called again Friday, again 2 hours of being disconnected twice, throat slitting hold music, I spent my Friday night sat in awaiting my promised call from a BT manager…guess what…correct – No Call!

I then called again this morning and was given new information-apparently I missed a payment in April and that we have had a steady stream of reminders, final notices and cut-off warnings. I cannot say strongly enough that this is NOT the case. We haven’t received any of those whatsoever. I was clearly informed that when I paid the July bill everything was up to date. Why on earth have I been cut off?? If I had missed a payment why tell me that I haven’t, cut me off and then choose to tell me I have?!
    To add insult to injury I receive a marketing leaflet stating, ‘Before you leave BT please consider staying with us for the following reasons..’ I never wanted to leave in the first place, I signed up for a 12 month contract in Nov’07 so surely that lasts until Nov’08?
    I have been without internet access for a number of days now and after wasting 5 hours on my Vodafone mobile which isn’t free to 0800 numbers, I am now told that it can’t simply be switched back on, we have to go through the installation process, which will take 5-7 days. This is absolutely appalling. I need the internet for my business to function and I am losing time and money by not having access.

The level of customer service is atrocious and has been made worse after speaking with a lady called Marjorie who I quote, “Well how do we know you’re not receiving the bills, the reminders, the final notices and not screwing them up and chucking them in the bin?” Why on earth would I do that when I pay every single bill I know about on time? And if I didn’t want or need the internet why would I spend so long attempting to be reconnected? It doesn’t make any sense and I didn’t appreciate the rudeness of your employee.

I have been round and round in circles with BT, been passed from department to department, been cut off numerous times and been misinformed about everything. I have found the whole process ridiculous and cannot believe it has taken 5 hours, 8 phone calls, over 15 members of staff and 3 supposed managers to rectify a situation that wasn’t even the customers fault. Why advertise for new business when you are obviously trying to get rid of it? I have had to virtually beg to come back as a member and believe me it has made me seriously consider using a different provider in the future, if I was certain I would be at the same address for a further 12 months I would have no hesitation in changing providers.

Please give me a valid reason why I should not report this issue to ofcome, because right now I can’t see any!

I would like details on compensating me for my time, phone calls and the sheer hassle this has caused me. My business has been unable to run and I would like an apology and compensation.

I would appreciate a written response by Friday 22nd Aug.

Regards,
    Why bother - if they do not want your business, tell them the next time a 'salesman' calls that it is obvious that BT do not want your business and then go to a competitor.

(Then check your experian credit file, and ask for it to be modified if the debt is recorded)

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    But apart from that I've had excellent service

(BTW get yourself a "3" dongle, so that you can get internet access while those muppets get it wrong again.

Cheers everyone, Forwarded my letter to the mrs who's usually good at getting blood out of a stone, will let you know the outcome.

Do I get these direct from 3? or ebay? Whats the deal?

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• AlanR
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Don't scoff. The line to his house belongs to BT and they can disconnect him.
    Well thats the funny / annoying / frustrating part - he doesn't have a BT Line. Like me, he gets his telephone service (and broadband) via Virgin cable!! Not sure if he has a BT box outside his house or what but he has no line into the house. He has also asked for a copy of the Work Order and quick as a flash...nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Don't scoff. The line to his house belongs to BT and they can disconnect him. Then he has to spend hours arguing with their droids that they should reconnect him. Imagine doing that when they:
    a) think he's a criminal defaulter who is still refusing to pay,
    b) can't actually find any details of his line anyway.

They'll probably tell him that he's a criminal and that he doesn't exist. They certainly won't reconnect his phone, and nobody else can do it!
    With NTL Virgin they use different cable that runs underground, so BT can't do ****

Can't wait until they loose their monopoly, people will be leaving in droves.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    BT are soon be renamed India Telecom

HTH

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by AlanR View Post
    A neighbour of mine has been at his present address for almost 5 years, been with NTL/Virgin the whole time. Never had BT provide any service but 4 months ago he got a bill for a telephone line installation and since then a couple of bills.

He has rang them numerous occassions to tell them, no joy still getting bills. Has now received a letter telling him that unless the bills are paid, the telephone line will be disconnected and that they 'will take all possible steps to recover the unpaid bills'.

Bring it on he says.
    Don't scoff. The line to his house belongs to BT and they can disconnect him. Then he has to spend hours arguing with their droids that they should reconnect him. Imagine doing that when they:
    a) think he's a criminal defaulter who is still refusing to pay,
    b) can't actually find any details of his line anyway.

They'll probably tell him that he's a criminal and that he doesn't exist. They certainly won't reconnect his phone, and nobody else can do it!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I'd say your missus go for it lilelvis, sounds like an opportunity.

BT cockups are nothing new. They cut me off donkeys years ago for no apparent reason and demanded that I start again as a new customer. It turned out that the paperwork had got lost in between engineering and sales, and they refused point blank to give me my old number back. It caused untold grief as I was just in the process of organising my first contract. An unobtainable number does nowt for your credibility when you are half way through negotiations. They really didn't give a toss that they were threatening my livelihood.

I sincerely hope I never have to deal with the toe rags again.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    My wife is very good at complaing and obtaining vast sums from BT. She had her original line and extension installed free and had several months of line rental credited. But then BT showed up at the wrong building twice and took two attempts to install the extension - and cutoff another tenant in the process.

I could get her to work on your case for you?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    ..Rant...
    But apart from that I've had excellent service

(BTW get yourself a "3" dongle, so that you can get internet access while those muppets get it wrong again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X