• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Standards of todays Police"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Had occassion for their 'services' a couple of weeks ago. WHile walking home from the pub with a mate and the gf a gang of hoodies decided they wanted a fight with us. My mate took a swing at the biggest who wouldn't let us pass and a kerfufle ensued, mate ended up bearing the brunt. There were too many to take on (6 or 7), so I just tried to protect my mate and the gf. Bizzarely a cop car pulled up on the way to another call. Copper gets out and starts the paperwork, while I'm urging him to get the purps.

Him "What did they look like?"
    Me "they are walking away over the road, see them there?"
    Him "I can't do anything unless I get backup but I can give you an incident no"
    Me " Can't you mace the fookers, I'll come with you if you like"
    Him "No we're not allowed unless we have backup"

I've seen what happens in court.

The defence barristor will undermine the police for not following procedure and taking descriptions, even if the victim has pointed at the attacker and said "it was him!"

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Gave up even contacting the Police to report owt many moons ago. With one noble exception, every dealing I have had with them has been at best disappointing, and at worst just plain crap. Mainly crap. Very crap.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Had occassion for their 'services' a couple of weeks ago. WHile walking home from the pub with a mate and the gf a gang of hoodies decided they wanted a fight with us. My mate took a swing at the biggest who wouldn't let us pass and a kerfufle ensued, mate ended up bearing the brunt. There were too many to take on (6 or 7), so I just tried to protect my mate and the gf. Bizzarely a cop car pulled up on the way to another call. Copper gets out and starts the paperwork, while I'm urging him to get the purps.

Him "What did they look like?"
    Me "they are walking away over the road, see them there?"
    Him "I can't do anything unless I get backup but I can give you an incident no"
    Me " Can't you mace the fookers, I'll come with you if you like"
    Him "No we're not allowed unless we have backup"

Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 August 2008, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    you're telling me.

2 stitches to the lip - a decent headbutt should break the nose and leave the receipient with black eyes also! -

Policeman of today no idea how to perform a proper headbutt.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    you're telling me.

2 stitches to the lip - a decent headbutt should break the nose and leave the receipient with black eyes also! -

Policeman of today no idea how to perform a proper headbutt.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Appalling.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    started a topic Standards of todays Police

Standards of todays Police

Linky (sfw)

Ah, it's reassuring to know we're in safe hands.

Working...
X