• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Barcap

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barcap"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Moving from techie to trader doesn’t help either. Top tottie can always smell the geek in you.
    My girly likes the geek in me, in her!

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    Everyone likes a bit of rough.

And you were hers.
    no argument there

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    Incorrect.

I pulled a trader totty.

Maybe you actually look like an I.T geek.
    Everyone likes a bit of rough.

And you were hers.

Leave a comment:

• NetwkSupport
    replied
    No totally correct, you may get the occasional eye from a middle office, back office slapper but not the trade floor top tottie.

Trust me I am a psycholigcal expert on this; as a computer guy you have the least 'utility' for the predatory females there.

Incorrect.

I pulled a trader totty.

Maybe you actually look like an I.T geek.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Well, you may not marry them,
    Woaaaah there.... no need for swearing!! Language Timothy.

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    I finished up there in May after 18 months.

Like any investment bank, you cannot generalise on the working hours.

It depends totally on the manager, dept., contractor, etc.

There was a contractor starting work there at 10am and leaving at 5pm, in Compliance IT (he is still there!). Useless git.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    No totally correct, you may get the occasional eye from a middle office, back office slapper but not the trade floor top tottie.

Trust me I am a psycholigcal expert on this; as a computer guy you have the least 'utility' for the predatory females there.
    Or actually maybe you're just too feckin ugly?

Worked in banks for years, never had any problems ... and I married a trade floor top totty ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Well, you may not marry them...
    .... and even of you do, you'd better stay on top of your game if you want to stay that way. Linky

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied

I will second that.

In most places that we might work, the IT Contractors are the high earners, so you might get a bit of interest.

In the City, there are thousands and thousands of people that make us look like paupers. The likes of us are unlikely to get a look in, unless you go down to the pubs that cater for the back-office staff letting their hair down

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    Who needs a woman that is only after money? Very few relationships last on that basis, because as soon as there is a downturn she will be off looking for the next mug.
    yes and even the shy and prim and proper ones are a nightmare in these places when you unearth their true personality ... and also the over dramatic sloans are usually the worst more two faced than a Batman villan.

Avoid or be held in damnation forever !

bang em and then its off to the courts with you !

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Who needs a woman that is only after money? Very few relationships last on that basis, because as soon as there is a downturn she will be off looking for the next mug.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

As they are predatory - a lucky escape?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Well, you may not marry them, but you'll get to bang a fair few as you go along your way...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Moving from techie to trader doesn’t help either. Top tottie can always smell the geek in you.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Incorrect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X