• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any Russians on this forum ?"

Collapse

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    нет

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Any attacks on Georgia from South Ossetia were likely carried out on the orders of the Russian establishment to instigate just such a response from Georgia. Russia has been preparing for this since Kosovo & NATO acceptance of Georgia, Ukraine.
    From what I have read there has been sporadic fighting along the border since 1991. Over the last year Georgia has been building up its forces along the border whilst its leaders have been proclaiming their intention to retake South Ossetia (which declared independence in 1991 although no one has recognized it).

The evidence, particularly that of the Georgian rocket attacks on the civilian population, suggests Georgia planned the offensive with the intention of both retaking the land and to possibly ethnically cleanse it.

Also once the fighting began in earnest, Russia appealed to the UN for intervention and the US asked Georgia to ceasefire, but nothing happened.

Are we then presenting the wrong side as the innocent victim ? What if Georgia is making the most of its ties with the West to do something sinister ?

This is an interesting take on things and whilst the article may well have an agenda, it still raises a few issues,

The Real Aggressor
    Last edited by M_B; 13 August 2008, 12:08.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by M_B View Post
    Have they really done anything wrong ?

Initially like everyone else I thought it was a Russian attempt to grab the oil pipeline and instigate regime change for a pro Russia government, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Haven't they in reality prevented the Georgian military machine from pummelling the civilian population in South Ossetia ? Shouldn't we be congratulating them ?

Also should we be concerned that a country that is happy to carry out rocket attacks against civilian areas on the opening day of the Olympics to hide the headlines and deliberately antagonizes Russia wants to become a member of Nato ? This could have split Nato and\or started a conflict had Georgia been a member. (This might ofcourse be a reason why Russia acted).

Genuine questions - I don't know the answers, but I'm a little uncomfortable about the apparent anti-Russian media at the moment especially when you compare it with our actions in Serbia and Kosovo.

What is our opinion ?

Any attacks on Georgia from South Ossetia were likely carried out on the orders of the Russian establishment to instigate just such a response from Georgia. Russia has been preparing for this since Kosovo & NATO acceptance of Georgia, Ukraine.
    FWIW I don't think Russia has been particularly out of order. They have to protect their interests.
    European countries have plainly shown no regard for Russian interests and bear more of the blame for this (and for the 1990s Balkan wars) than they would ever admit.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Anyone else here find that photo of AtW disturbing?
    Yes, in a Cannon & Ball way!

Rock on Tommy!

Leave a comment:

• M_B
    replied
    Have they really done anything wrong ?

Initially like everyone else I thought it was a Russian attempt to grab the oil pipeline and instigate regime change for a pro Russia government, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Haven't they in reality prevented the Georgian military machine from pummelling the civilian population in South Ossetia ? Shouldn't we be congratulating them ?

Also should we be concerned that a country that is happy to carry out rocket attacks against civilian areas on the opening day of the Olympics to hide the headlines and deliberately antagonizes Russia wants to become a member of Nato ? This could have split Nato and\or started a conflict had Georgia been a member. (This might ofcourse be a reason why Russia acted).

Genuine questions - I don't know the answers, but I'm a little uncomfortable about the apparent anti-Russian media at the moment especially when you compare it with our actions in Serbia and Kosovo.

What is our opinion ?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    "P.S. On the photo above you can see Alex Chudnovsky, the founder of the UK's division of Majestic-12, during training session with majestic squirrels (the greys) at undisclosed location. "

why why why would anyone ever write this on a companies 'about us' page unless the company is in some way squirrel related

very disturbing photo, interesting cv though

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Is Russia still in Europe (for things like IT support and football competitions) ?
    It was always a bit 50/50.
    With their recent adventure I think they should be told to go to Asia for a bit and think about what they've done.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Is he in wikipedia?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    You lot leave my mate AtW alone.

At least he's left his mark in the world.

and No skid mark jokes please! That's just Childish

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

What the hell is he training them to do?
    Eat his nuts from his hand

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Oh yes.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    yep

and that's a cyborg squirrel, its got arnie cyborg eyes

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Oh yes.

On the photo above you can see Alex Chudnovsky, the founder of the UK's division of Majestic-12, during training session with majestic squirrels (the greys) at undisclosed location.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    jeez

you had to go and make me do it didnt you

http://www.majestic12.co.uk/about.php

I thought he got rid of that photo after 100% of the feedback from this site said it looked dodgy. Good to see the CUK community opinion influencing the delusional.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    jeez

you had to go and make me do it didnt you

http://www.majestic12.co.uk/about.php

Leave a comment:

Working...
X