• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Barry George

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Barry George"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Another stark reminder for those who still favour the return of the death penalty.
    The British government faces a potential diplomatic row with Antigua over the shooting of the honeymoon couple Catherine and Benjamin Mullany after demanding that anyone convicted of the crime will not face the death penalty.

The Foreign Office attempted to make such a pledge a condition of allowing Scotland Yard detectives to fly out to help in the investigation.

One senior Antiguan source said British officials initially demanded a signed guarantee from the country’s Prime Minister, Baldwin Spencer.

The Antiguan interior minister told the Foreign Office that the government could not make any such pledge as the death penalty was decided by the Caribbean island’s judiciary, which is technically independent.

The British demand to its former colony is understood to have annoyed Antigua’s leadership. Eight years ago, the two countries clashed diplomatically with its former colony after the UK tried to stop the execution of Steadroy McDougal for the murder of a Scottish woman and her boyfriend.

Would you still say that if that had been your son or daughter killed? or is your aversion to the death sentence based on religious grounds or a feeling that we could never be 100% certain?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
    Not me, guv, I was just browsing the lights and wasn't even in the queue. The owner had a right rant after she'd left though. I'd start there if I were you, officer.
    mmmm, the evidence so far m'learned friends

BA admits the lights were on but nobody was home
    BG has a mental age of Tay and Wilmslow added together
    JD name is an anagram of Jan Dildo
    NL have 'leaned' on the polis to fiddle the stats
    Some Russian Serb is a queue jumper

Eternal Columbos answer - suicide

next

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I think DimPrawn said he had £500,000 stashed away, so his IQ could be 75
    76 Shirley

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Do we have anyone here with an IQ as high as 75?
    I think DimPrawn said he had £500,000 stashed away, so his IQ could be 75

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Barry George is expected to sue for at least £500,000 compensation. Not bad going for doing 7 years inside IMO, especially if you have an IQ of 75 (looking at no-one here in particular )
    Do we have anyone here with an IQ as high as 75?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Barry George is expected to sue for at least £500,000 compensation. Not bad going for doing 7 years inside IMO, especially if you have an IQ of 75 (looking at no-one here in particular )

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My view is that this was a professional hit carried out with experience, determination and timing.
    Didn't she reject a rich Russian's advances on the island of Malta with a very public humiliating put down? That is my fav. reason.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...oman-time.html

"Miss Dando’s former agent Jon Roseman said he had never believed Barry George was her killer and that the murder was possibly carried out by a Serbian hitman.

The theory – rejected by murder squad detectives – is that three days before Miss Dando died, British and US warplanes bombed the Radio-Television Serbia building in Belgrade, killing 16 employees. Earlier in April 1999, Miss Dando had made a BBC appeal on behalf of Kosovan Albanian refugees.

Mr Roseman said last night that he was still not ruling out the possibility that Miss Dando’s murder was a revenge killing, adding: ‘This theory does seem to fit.’

Respected ballistics expert Mike Yardley said yesterday that the casing of the 9mm bullet used to kill Miss Dando with a shot to the head from a handgun at point-blank range had ‘punching’.

This indicated it had been separated and refilled with a reduced amount of gunpowder to dampen noise when it was fired.

Mr Yardley added: ‘The expertise to reseal the cartridge with the case punched in this way indicates it was done by somebody with a degree of firearms expertise, which it seems Mr George did not possess.

‘My view is that this was a professional hit carried out with experience, determination and timing.’"

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Barry George claims that it couldn't have been him that killed Jill Dando, Because he was out stalking another woman at the time she was killed.

WTF

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    Everyone knows it was Nick Ross.... allegedly... or was it Freddie Mercury (who is, of course, not really dead) who'd got the hump at having his real surname purloined by Barry the Nutter, and so fitted him up? Sadly, we'll never know.
    Last edited by Bob Dalek; 2 August 2008, 20:36.

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Sounds to me like she wasn't quite the 'sweetness and light' that the BBC made her out to be then.
    Well, on that occasion she was a complete cow. Maybe she'd had a bad day at the office but given that she actually said "do you know who I am?" to the shop owner when he asked her to wait her turn I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Not me, guv, I was just browsing the lights and wasn't even in the queue. The owner had a right rant after she'd left though. I'd start there if I were you, officer.
    Sounds to me like she wasn't quite the 'sweetness and light' that the BBC made her out to be then. I saw Barry Bulsara's / George Barry's solicitor talk to the press after the latest verdict and the BBC journalist asking questions almost had venom in her voice as she screeched at him.

I dunno really given her attitude in the light fitting shop, with that 'me first attitude' and being in the public eye it wasn't a great combination so it seems.

I mean it could have been a blooming hitman for gods sake; what I don't understand is even back in 1998 when the shooting occured they had CCTV around, didn't they get anything on camera around the Fulham area of London ?

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post

And were you very upset sir?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but... I was in an electrical shop in Fulham the week before Jill Dando was killed, browsing for a new light fitting for the bedroom. She waltzed in, jumped the queue and then was extremely rude to the owner. She had a real "don't you know who I am?" attitude.

And were you very upset sir?

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I remember thinking I must have heard it wrong because she seemed like the last person you'd expect anyone to have a reason to kill.
    Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but... I was in an electrical shop in Fulham the week before Jill Dando was killed, browsing for a new light fitting for the bedroom. She waltzed in, jumped the queue and then was extremely rude to the owner. She had a real "don't you know who I am?" attitude.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X