• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Energy prices and the elderley"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    They know they can't pay the gas bill so they are gambling the £20?
    And where do they get the £20's ?

They're out mugging teenagers at night, That's how

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by dinker View Post
    How come every time I go into Sainsburys there`s a queue of pensioners handing over £20 notes at the lottery till.
    They know they can't pay the gas bill so they are gambling the £20?

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    How come every time I go into Sainsburys there`s a queue of pensioners handing over £20 notes at the lottery till.
    Because they all think it could be one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Tell me about it. Was stupid enough to try and nip to the supermarket in my lunch break today and the queue at the idiot-tax till was such that you had to ram through the old gimmers to get out.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    that's one of the many places you can buy lottery tickets.. they also sell milk and other things like tinned products and veg

HTH

Leave a comment:

• dinker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
    I just looked on there, and the Scottish Power capped tariff still comes up. I thought it had been removed?

Edit: I'm a pillock, I'm only looking at electricity, not gas. So there's still time to apply for the capped electricity rates.

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Linky?
    http://www.energyhelpline.com/

The cheapest cap for most people, the Scottish Power Fixed Price Energy 2009, was pulled from comparison sites on Tuesday, but it is still available direct, though it's ending imminently and its website is experiencing problems due to heavy traffic. The cheap British Gas Price Guarantee December 2009 cap that was previously available has been replaced by a more expensive one - the Fixed Price 2011.

The only fully available one left is now from E.on. It has two incarnations: Energy Saver version 4 (free home energy monitor, but cancellation fees) and Price Protection October 2009 (no energy monitor, no cancellation fee). It's still best to do a comparison to see it's definitely cheapest for you.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    I hope you all capped your tariffs last week as soon as the expected 65% price hikes were announced. Most of the cheap deals were pulled on Monday and Tuesday but there are a couple left.
    Linky?

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    When I went to the price comparison sites switching to another supplier saved me >£200 so I went with that rather than a cap. The only cap on the site (scottish power) would have cost me an extra £35pa. So it was a toss up really. And i went with the cost saving...which didn't happen because the cheapest supplier was BG!
    Oooops. Yes, I signed up with the Scottish Power cap last week as soon as EDF made their announcement. Would have cost me £100pa more on those day's prices but that gamble has already paid off it would seem. That price is fixed until August 2009.

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I've started burning old people to cut the heating costs
    ...far better and far more cost effective to burn politicians. Mind you, most of them are so wet you may have trouble setting light to them.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    I hope you all capped your tariffs last week as soon as the expected 65% price hikes were announced. Most of the cheap deals were pulled on Monday and Tuesday but there are a couple left.
    When I went to the price comparison sites switching to another supplier saved me >£200 so I went with that rather than a cap. The only cap on the site (scottish power) would have cost me an extra £35pa. So it was a toss up really. And i went with the cost saving...which didn't happen because the cheapest supplier was BG!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I've started burning old people to cut the heating costs

Leave a comment:

• Malingering BA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I haven't paid a gas bill for over a year since I'm still in credit from a £30 rebate I had then. Just wear a jumper indoors in Winter, big deal. A bit of cool is good for you and kills off indoor (and outdoor) bugs. Your asthma etc will go away. Sorted. You might get pneumonmia though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X