• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Menace of the violent girls"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by bored View Post
    Where's the option of "restrain her without hitting back"? Surely that's what most people would do if attacked by someone who's obviously weaker?
    I usually make them really suffer, just for their audacity

Leave a comment:

• bored
    replied
    Where's the option of "restrain her without hitting back"? Surely that's what most people would do if attacked by someone who's obviously weaker?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Shhhh, you're spoiling my Saturday morning troll
    Sorry

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    That was so blatantly fixed, that it was embarrassing to watch.

take a look at the clinch, where he is flat tapping her side instead of punching

It's not the mighty woman at work here, it's the almighty dollar
    Shhhh, you're spoiling my Saturday morning troll

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    You may argue that he is not 'going for it', but she kicks his arse.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pJYYfr...eature=related
    That was so blatantly fixed, that it was embarrassing to watch.

take a look at the clinch, where he is flat tapping her side instead of punching

It's not the mighty woman at work here, it's the almighty dollar
    Last edited by Diver; 2 August 2008, 11:16.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    You may argue that he is not 'going for it', but she kicks his arse.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pJYYfr...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    I have to say you are talking crap TimberWolf. I used to do quite a bit of Lau Gar when I was younger and there were plenty of women who could kick the crap out of the men, I've even met a few Wing Tsun practitioners who would have you on the floor with blood pouring out of your nose and ears before you knew what happened.
    Perhaps you'd like to share some supportable facts, rather describing an unlikley scenario involving me being beaten up by a woman.

A real martial artist who has learnt to fight properly will not bother trying to perform silly holds to immobilise you, they will hurt you as quickly and as badly as they can to put you out of the fight, unfortunatly this sort of thing is not encouraged in competitions (putting somebody's nose through thier brain is kind of frowned upon). I would suggest you don't take everything you see on TV as gospel
    Where have I said that I have seen something on TV? You don't see women fight men on TV or anywhere else as far as I've (not) noticed. I take it you are a loon?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Martial arts are you crazeeeee

Some bint starts on you, just shout that there's a 1/2 price shoe sale on at Brantano.

They'll be off like a shot
    Last edited by Diver; 2 August 2008, 07:38.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    I have to say you are talking crap TimberWolf. I used to do quite a bit of Lau Gar when I was younger and there were plenty of women who could kick the crap out of the men, I've even met a few Wing Tsun practitioners who would have you on the floor with blood pouring out of your nose and ears before you knew what happened.

A real martial artist who has learnt to fight properly will not bother trying to perform silly holds to immobilise you, they will hurt you as quickly and as badly as they can to put you out of the fight, unfortunatly this sort of thing is not encouraged in competitions (putting somebody's nose through thier brain is kind of frowned upon). I would suggest you don't take everything you see on TV as gospel

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm not saying woman can't be vicious or kick in the goolies, or scratch eyes and disappear or subsequently be left alone. But you've seen women brawling against men?
    Plenty of times on the telly.

Just watch a few episodes of Booze Britain or <insert holiday destination of choice> uncovered........

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I certainly have. A lot of brawling is to do with confidence and front, and certain Glasgow "schemie" women have this in bucketloads. They also usually travel is packs, and this increases their aggression, knowing they have backup.
    Which takes us back to the poll question, what to do in such a situation? Incidentally are the any combat sports where women are allowed to compete against men?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    I'm not saying woman can't be vicious or kick in the goolies, or scratch eyes and disappear or subsequently be left alone. But you've seen women brawling against men?
    I certainly have. A lot of brawling is to do with confidence and front, and certain Glasgow "schemie" women have this in bucketloads. They also usually travel is packs, and this increases their aggression, knowing they have backup.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    You've never been to Glasgow have you?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    And then what? In the movies the man would bend up double but a real brawl is unlikely to take place because they both know it would be crazy for a man to fight a woman because she would stand absolutely no chance.
    You've never been to Glasgow have you?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    yes, but in a brawl where the 'rules' aren't used, a woman who is skilled in karate could deliver a deft front kick to the goolies before then man even knew he was in a fight.
    And then what? In the movies the man would bend up double but a real brawl is unlikely to take place because they both know it would be crazy for a man to fight a woman because she would stand absolutely no chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X