• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What part of "listen and hear people's concerns" does he not understand ?"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I hate to burst anyone's bubble but, I don't think that they put anyone's head on a spike outside Traitors' Gate any more.
    Well, that explains a lot as to why things are going so wrong these days.

Get a few heads on display and things would be sorted in no time.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    People will feel good about the Snot Goblin once they see his head on a pike, next to B’Liar’s, outside the Traitors’ Gate of the Tower of London.
    I hate to burst anyone's bubble but, I don't think that they put anyone's head on a spike outside Traitors' Gate any more.

I pass by there every day and I've never seen one. They must have stopped doing that at least a couple of years ago.....

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I've been concerned about this lot and their constant rises in taxes since 1997

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
    "No one quite like grandma"

Nuff said.
    Was June Sarpong in St Winifred's School Choir? I'd be surprised.

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    June Sarpong isn't a politician is she? And what have St Winifreds Church choir ever done to you?
    "No one quite like grandma"

Nuff said.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Indeed - along with a cast of hundreds of others, including (but not limited to) Derek Conway, Prezza, Neil Hamilton, Christine Hamilton, Hazel blears, Beardy Blunkett, Jeffrey Archer, June Sarpong, and St Winifreds Church choir.

Sadly, that's about as likely as the elections getting banned.
    June Sarpong isn't a politician is she? And what have St Winifreds Church choir ever done to you?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Give the man some credit, he did manage some extracurricular fun after all.

Many of us on here probably couldn't manage that. And we can see.
    No problems with that (same from Fatso Prezza) it was doing it at the same time as lecturing the rest of us that sticks in my craw. I'm supposed to give him my fingerprints (and pay ID tax) because I can't be trusted not to lie about who I am - this is from a man who tells all sorts of lies and gets away with it. SAMe with Prezza - he was dead right about Cecil Parkinson's despicable treatment of his daughter and her Mum - but it comes ill from a guy who winds up following a similar extra-martial path. People in glass houses.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Beardy Blunkett
    Give the man some credit, he did manage some extracurricular fun after all.

Many of us on here probably couldn't manage that. And we can see.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    People will feel good about the Snot Goblin once they see his head on a pike, next to B’Liar’s, outside the Traitors’ Gate of the Tower of London.
    Indeed - along with a cast of hundreds of others, including (but not limited to) Derek Conway, Prezza, Neil Hamilton, Christine Hamilton, Hazel blears, Beardy Blunkett, Jeffrey Archer, June Sarpong, and St Winifreds Church choir.

Sadly, that's about as likely as the elections getting banned.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zathras
    replied
    I think it is the "listen and hear people's concerns" that he has a problem with. The word listen requires that you actually stop pontificating about how someone should live their life

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm almost (but not quite) beginning to feel sorry for the snot goblin...

However, I'm still enjoying the schadenfreude for the moment.
    I feel sorry for him in the general sense that I feel sorry for people when they get the top job they wanted and then find they aren't any good at it - a bit like when Graham Failure was England Manager, but I feel a degree of personal animosity towards Gordo on account of some of his dafter policies and pronouncements.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Lessons must be learned...blah blah blah!!

Next!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    It's all in the NuLabour dictionary where almost every word you thought you knew the meaning of is redefined -

Listen=Ignore

Leave a comment:

• What part of "listen and hear people's concerns" does he not understand ?

23 May 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7416104.stm

The message that we have got is that people are concerned.

25 July 2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7524003.stm

He told the BBC the government had to "listen and hear people's concerns" over rising fuel and other costs.

Working...
X