• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Teenagers!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Teenagers!!"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Dave,

you're gonna fit in well around here

welcome

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    To be honest grades and degrees don't really mean much in the majority of jobs. I left school after A-Levels, where as a lot of my friends went on to Uni.

90% of them now have £20,000+ student loans and are all saying they can't get jobs without experience. I'm 99% sure I'm doing better than all of my friends that went to Uni.

Uni really is just a huge piss up these days, the first year is a joke, second years pretty much the same and the third year they knuckle down for 6 months to get their degree.

I'd let her get a part time job in Mc D's, She'll hate it! Then offer her £xx for each grade that she improves on. I'm guessing its AS Levels shes just done? They don't mean anything if she improves on her A-Levels.

Good Luck
    That's true in the contracting game, quals mean nowt.
    But when the market dries up and times get hard they'll pick the grads over the non.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    But the quality of the birds during the 3-4 years of uni is greater
    And they come on tap.
    I've never gone to bed with an ugly bird. Woke up next to a few though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
    Got paid to drink beer and shag burds for 6 years.
    But the quality of the birds during the 3-4 years of uni is greater
    And they come on tap.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    omg,

we've got another ex squaddie here.... Dave.Mac

jeeeez

Milan.
    Got paid to drink beer and shag burds for 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    To be honest grades and degrees don't really mean much in the majority of jobs. I left school after A-Levels, where as a lot of my friends went on to Uni.

90% of them now have £20,000+ student loans and are all saying they can't get jobs without experience. I'm 99% sure I'm doing better than all of my friends that went to Uni.

Uni really is just a huge piss up these days, the first year is a joke, second years pretty much the same and the third year they knuckle down for 6 months to get their degree.

I'd let her get a part time job in Mc D's, She'll hate it! Then offer her £xx for each grade that she improves on. I'm guessing its AS Levels shes just done? They don't mean anything if she improves on her A-Levels.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Money Money Money; 21 July 2008, 15:46.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    omg,

we've got another ex squaddie here.... Dave.Mac

jeeeez

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    The oldest profession in the world, is still work
    Marriage ?

Leave a comment:

• Chugnut
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Beats being a tape changer

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Were missing the real issue here.

Is she good looking? If so she won't need to work.
    The oldest profession in the world, is still work

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied

Were missing the real issue here.

Is she good looking? If so she won't need to work.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave.Mac View Post
    Don't knock her, let her make her own mistakes and be there to pick her up if she stumbles on the way.
    A virtual pint for that man! Common sense and good parenting in a nutshell.

You can't live their lives for them, you can only advise.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    with one year left of school, and those marks, I think you need to face reality that Mcdonalds might be the best she can hope for

Milan.
    Beats being a tape changer

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    with one year left of school, and those marks, I think you need to face reality that Mcdonalds might be the best she can hope for

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I left school at 16 with three GCSE's. Got a p/t job at McDs for about a year and then dossed about for another year. Joined the forces, did 6 years, got 5 more O'Levels and 2 A'Levels. Been out 7 years contracting and in the last three years I've been on £400p/d + without a break in between contracts. I've got 2 houses and 3 flats (with an average 60% mortgage on each), go on sunny holidays once a year and snowboarding once a year. Own a nice car + a great bike. Not bad for three GCSE's at the age of 16.

And I'm midway through my LLB for my plan B.

Don't knock her, let her make her own mistakes and be there to pick her up if she stumbles on the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X