• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Speed Cameras to go"

Collapse

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I quite liked it when I was there - just hated staying in hotels. If I wind up back there again I will definitely try to rent a place if I can find somewhere that will do three-month lets...
    But you're 'lady muck', you love it really.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Now all you nutters in supercars are going to want to live in Swindon!

Swindon is a local place for local people, we'll have no new fangled horseless carriages here!
    I quite liked it when I was there - just hated staying in hotels. If I wind up back there again I will definitely try to rent a place if I can find somewhere that will do three-month lets...

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Bollocks! I've just renewed my Garmin Speed camera detection subscription.
    Yeh but if you get it from the same place I do, it's only about £5

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Bollocks! I've just renewed my Garmin Speed camera detection subscription.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Swindon is a local place for local people, we'll have no new fangled horseless carriages here!
    Good attempt to get it back on track Prawny.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    The Government makes road-safety grants to councils from the proceeds of fines but ministers say this breaks the controversial link between cash and camera, giving authorities a financial incentive to fine more motorists.

Says it all really

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Swindon to get rid of Speed Cameras

Since the govt changed the rules about where the fines go (central govt get to keep them now) suddenly councils are finding Speed Cameras aren't really very safe at all. And all along they were claiming it wasn't just a cash cow.

Surprise!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    serious topic to bored in three posts
    now thats a CUK record
    RH is on a mission today.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    serious topic to baud in three posts

now thats a CUK record
    IGYCFY then shall I?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    serious topic to bored in three posts

now thats a CUK record

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Are you using a 9600 baud modem by any chance?
    Wow - are we up to 9600 baud yet??? Can you get me one of them there beauties?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    That page cost £18.40 by the way. And the scripts took more than 2min to load. Nice.
    Are you using a 9600 baud modem by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    That page cost £18.40 by the way. And the scripts took more than 2min to load. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    started a topic Speed Cameras to go

Speed Cameras to go

Swindon to get rid of Speed Cameras

Since the govt changed the rules about where the fines go (central govt get to keep them now) suddenly councils are finding Speed Cameras aren't really very safe at all. And all along they were claiming it wasn't just a cash cow.

Surprise!

Working...
X