• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommended Contract/Leasing Car Company"

Collapse

• EqualOpportunities
    replied
    Originally posted by LINGsCARS View Post
    It is me, hello.

Thanks for recommendations.

Never seen that SQL error before. Who broke my database? I don't know why is said there were too many connections, peak visitors today at 13.00 = 50. It handled 650 concurrent the other night

I have replaced the error warning with a friendlier message.

Yes, VIZ love me, they call me mental oriental. Thanks again for the plugs.

Leave a comment:

• LINGsCARS
    replied
    It is me, hello.

Thanks for recommendations.

Never seen that SQL error before. Who broke my database? I don't know why is said there were too many connections, peak visitors today at 13.00 = 50. It handled 650 concurrent the other night

I have replaced the error warning with a friendlier message.

Yes, VIZ love me, they call me mental oriental. Thanks again for the plugs.

Leave a comment:

• Ollie
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    It means they never implemented any error handling

On Error Resume Next
    If Err.number=,
    etc
    Has to be expected from a php developer

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Wonder what that means?
    It means they never implemented any error handling

On Error Resume Next
    If Err.number=,
    etc

Leave a comment:

• AZZIK
    replied
    Tensai found 15k in his back pocket he'd forgotten about, and another 12k down the back of the setee
    I think he's still looking for more!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Try here: http://www.lingscars.com/. Terrible site but good prices and the owner was on Dragon's Den. You may also find this useful: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/pcp/pcpsearchstep1.asp

Speak to your accountant about the tax treatment but of course it depends on whether you or YourCo are leasing the car.
    Hmm

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /var/www/lingscars.com/www/defaultfunctions.php on line 6
    Couldn't make connection.
    1040-Too many connections

Wonder what that means?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I got the best lease deal direct from the dealer. And it was a hybrid so was reasonably tax efficient...

Leave a comment:

• Ollie
    replied
    Originally posted by baronne View Post
    It's 40p per mile for the first 10000 miles and then it drops down doesn't it?

Cheap... you see this is the problem. I bought a cheap car less than a year ago and it's pissing oil and is really pile of junk. So cheap ain't always cheerful.
    You could buy a banger for like £1000 - but how long will it last?? Then you up the level a bit and buy, say, a £4000-5000 car... but who has 5K lying around, so you'd need a loan, at which point, the costs involved start to even out with leasing. Only with a lease car you get a brand new jamjar.

And... you must be able to claim mileage surely with the lease car still? Or do you put the expense of the car ie. the montly lease amount through the company instead? Or better still, both?

baronne.
    5k? That can be scraped together in a matter of weeks if you don't have it in your back pocket!

Leave a comment:

• baronne
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post
    I'm guessing you're new to contracting then?
    nope.

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Tensai found 15k in his back pocket he'd forgotten about, and another 12k down the back of the setee
    Indeed, the first paid my annual fuel bill for the motor, and the latter paid for my insurance. No-claims bonus...? What's that then?

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    WHS - My pal used Ling and was v happy with the service.
    She is also Viz comic's official sponsor, much kudos to her.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Try here: http://www.lingscars.com/. Terrible site but good prices and the owner was on Dragon's Den. You may also find this useful: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/pcp/pcpsearchstep1.asp

Speak to your accountant about the tax treatment but of course it depends on whether you or YourCo are leasing the car.
    WHS - My pal used Ling and was v happy with the service.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Hi folks,
    I am looking into contract hiring a car, can any of you recommend a good contract hire company?

Also I'd like to get your views on contract hire or any other tax efficient way of having a car to mainly use for going to work in daily.

Cheers,
    Baronne

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Tensai View Post

Leave a comment:

• Tensai
    replied
    ... but who has 5K lying around...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X