• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just bought an Alfa GTV!"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He he I find these newbie Alfisti amusing. Not a real petrolhead unless you knew and liked the cars before the modern crop.
    Best Alfa of recent times was the 164.
    What a pretentious and snobby attitude (IMHO of course). By that token, anyone who enjoys a Saab must also know and love a Triumph Dolomite, or BMW enthusiasts must enjoy and be aware of the Dixi !

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    not if lookked after properly and dont buy dodgy aftermarket parts, regularly checking oil helps......

sas i have a new found respect for you!!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by poser View Post
    but please tell me if you agree - the feeling you get from driving an alfa in uncomparable to any other reasonably priced car?
    Agreed. You pay for the privilege in maintenance though. But better to be poor but happy, eh?

And yes I like the Mito - first real Mini-killer IMO

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    and the new alfa modesls are jaw dropping.....

google the junior and mito

wow

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    all cool sas

sud hasnt seen daylight for a few years........
    its my bench project......

but please tell me if you agree - the feeling you get from driving an alfa in uncomparable to any other reasonably priced car?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    alfas been in the family for years.... back from the original gtv... but being a young un the gtv was a dream motor before i started driving... now i got one.. and a sud too....
    Ok let you off in that case. Hope the sud is garaged

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    alfas been in the family for years.... back from the original gtv... but being a young un the gtv was a dream motor before i started driving... now i got one.. and a sud too....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    nice buy...ive had one for 2 years... most fun car ive ever driven and all drivers of the gt and new spider always give me a nod.....

rock on wilsmlow!!
    He he I find these newbie Alfisti amusing. Not a real petrolhead unless you knew and liked the cars before the modern crop.
    Best Alfa of recent times was the 164.

Leave a comment:

• poser
    replied
    nice buy...ive had one for 2 years... most fun car ive ever driven and all drivers of the gt and new spider always give me a nod.....

rock on wilsmlow!!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I just bought an alfa cucumber, did you know Asda charge the same for alfa cucumber as for a whole one
    <<canned laughter>>

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I just bought an alfa cucumber, did you know Asda charge the same for alfa cucumber as for a whole one

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Surely you're not going to DRIVE it, are you? You'd only want to polish it and sit inside to smell the leather, fnarr, fnarr.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    For £1500 you could have had this nice little 5.3l V12 coupe

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

A gentlemans banger.

looks in good nick too.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Who's a permy?