• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We are now back to August 2006"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Since this thread was written things have changed. We are now back to July 2006. So no.
    June 2006 then (or 2005 for contingency in case you don't read this until later today). Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Since this thread was written things have changed. We are now back to July 2006. So no.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.
    So looking at this in a cup-half-full sort of way, house prices have risen since July 2006. Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I’m sure I heard a story on the radio this morning where the government wanted to build more homes in cheap areas and less in more affluent areas? Arse about face again.
    Joined up thinking doesn't seem to happen any more.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I’m sure I heard a story on the radio this morning where the government wanted to build more homes in cheap areas and less in more affluent areas? Arse about face again.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.
    And those people are silly ****ers. I will buy their house next year (or maybe the year after).

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.
    The only people complaining are those that remotgaged to buy that Range Rover..and now have no cash to pay all those credit card bills.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
    One exception was the bloke from RBS, he did wait until they got their own rights issue off but then gave some uber doom predictions. I expect he'll be pensioned off quietly sometime next year.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Does that mean my clothes are back in fashion?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Back to 2006. Exactly, you’d think that asset prices have gone back to the middle ages from how some people talk.
    In 6(ish) months, asset prices have reversed gains of the previous 18(ish) months.

I think it's something to get excited about?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7492689.stm

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

The lender said that average house prices were now at the same level as in August 2006.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!
    So, still overpriced then?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It does make me laugh listening to the chief economists of banks and building societies, grasping desparately in a hopeless attempt to prop up their share price.
    Give it a few more months; and you'll be able to buy a Bank cheaper than a house

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

UK house prices fell by 2% in June, according to the UK's biggest mortgage lender, the Halifax.

The drop meant that prices were 6.1% lower than a year ago, with the average home costing £180,344.

But it said that strong employment levels and low interest rates meant that the housing demand retained firm foundations despite price falls.

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic We are now back to August 2006

We are now back to August 2006

Boomed!

Working...
X