• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "We're in a recession!!!!"

Collapse

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    And that you can take to the bank...

Errr, actually, no you can't...
    I don't know a bank I would trust with my money anyway.

2nd week of extension is spent in vacation in far East spending the cash pefore inflation eats it.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Talk for yourself! ClientCo would fall apart without me! I am so indespensible they will probably me me permanent!

Wilmslow
    They already have me permenant......

Another one bites the dust

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    No no, don't panic. According to my sample (of one, me) you will get a 6 months extension and a 7% rate increase.

Boomed!
    And that you can take to the bank...

Errr, actually, no you can't...

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Is that even how you spell it?!!

Anyway.....what does it mean for us, the lowly contractor?

Should we be panicking?

Or will this mean permie redundancies...which will in turn mean a better contractor market?

Or is it all just sh*te?
    No no, don't panic. According to my sample (of one, me) you will get a 6 months extension and a 7% rate increase.

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Oh bugger!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Oh bugger!
    That too

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    That is probably a good idea

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Male prostitution is illegal too you know!
    Oh bugger!

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    I actually know a MUCH better franchise I have researched which hasn't been milked in the UK yet. Just not telling as it's my Plan B.
    Male prostitution is illegal too you know!

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I actually know a MUCH better franchise I have researched which hasn't been milked in the UK yet. Just not telling as it's my Plan B.
    That'll be tacos then.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Ok, better get my Subway franchise application in then. There are a couple of shops free on my high street thanks to the recession.
    Similar in my neck of the woods ! I noticed on Saturday that the 'Dogburger' man had shut up shop after faithfully looking after pisspots on Saturday night for 20 years.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I think is religious.
    Oh good. It means he does not have to listen to the electorate. he can listen to "god" instead.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Ok, better get my Subway franchise application in then. There are a couple of shops free on my high street thanks to the recession.
    This might be a beter franchise.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    El Gordo would have done well to read this summarised passage:
    Right down hist street, he's got a PhD in history, plus I think is religious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X