• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Federer/Nadal

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Federer/Nadal"

Collapse

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    SG in <<conducting this thread like an orchestra maestro>> mode
    Sas you are truly a master...conductor.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    SG in <<conducting this thread like an orchestra maestro>> mode

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Superb. And what's your opinion of the Pet Shop boys?
    They're alright I suppose, prefer New Order.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Good game wasn't it!
    Superb. And what's your opinion of the Pet Shop boys?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Ah but what about the tennis?
    Good game wasn't it!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    No, they like a bit of weed, I've seen them with my own eyes.
    Reminds me of a story a mate once told me... when I asked him exactly why tortoises freak him out:
    When he was very young, his family used to have a tortoise. After watching a documentary about turtles, he went out into the back garden, picked up the family's beloved pet tortoise and (you've guessed it) slid it into the pond.
    Nothing happened - their pet didn't, unsurprisingly, paddle and glide around like a turtle, it just slid to the bottom.
    So, he ran back inside the house and decided never to breathe a word. The tortoise must have 'escaped' somehow, he said. The family were puzzled, but forgot about it, as did he.

In his teens, he was helping his dad dig out the silted-up old pond, and his dad hit something solid with the shovel. He scooped up a muddy shape from the depths, and inspected it, tipping it to one side. As he did that, the putrid remains of the dear family pet 'schlopped' onto the lawn at my mate's feet, and he was overwhelmed with the horror of it all, and ran away.

Ah bless.
    Ah but what about the tennis?

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    Who are you, the pet shop police?
    No, they like a bit of weed, I've seen them with my own eyes.
    Reminds me of a story a mate once told me... when I asked him exactly why tortoises freak him out:
    When he was very young, his family used to have a tortoise. After watching a documentary about turtles, he went out into the back garden, picked up the family's beloved pet tortoise and (you've guessed it) slid it into the pond.
    Nothing happened - their pet didn't, unsurprisingly, paddle and glide around like a turtle, it just slid to the bottom.
    So, he ran back inside the house and decided never to breathe a word. The tortoise must have 'escaped' somehow, he said. The family were puzzled, but forgot about it, as did he.

In his teens, he was helping his dad dig out the silted-up old pond, and his dad hit something solid with the shovel. He scooped up a muddy shape from the depths, and inspected it, tipping it to one side. As he did that, the putrid remains of the dear family pet 'schlopped' onto the lawn at my mate's feet, and he was overwhelmed with the horror of it all, and ran away.

Ah bless.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    Draw your own conclusions.
    I'm sure you will.

Leave a comment:

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Ah that reminds me. The Petshop Boys. Good or not?
    Not.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    do tortoises love?
    I saw one eyeing up AndyW the other day. Draw your own conclusions.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ah that reminds me. The Petshop Boys. Good or not?

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Tortoises love grass.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    tortoises love lettuce.
    Tortoises love grass.

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Actually in retrospect, "copulation" is a better term for what tortoises do than "making love". Which raises the question - do tortoises love?
    tortoises love lettuce.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Any other species make human-like noises during copulation? Zeity?
    Actually in retrospect, "copulation" is a better term for what tortoises do than "making love". Which raises the question - do tortoises love?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X