• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad school behaviour"

Collapse

• bellymonster
    replied
    I once spent a summer slowly demolishing a derelict house with my brother and mates.

It started with a brick and then a few more and before we knew it we were coming back every night with ever more imaginative tools to help get the trickier sections out.

Within a few weeks we had the entire two storey house resting on a column of bricks 2 foot wide. One of my bright spark mates wanted to know what would happen if we took a swipe at the column with a big metal rod.

Strangely the house did not defy the laws of physics and the whole back of the house collapsed on top of him. Amazingly he only broke his leg.

We made it into the papers (as anonymous vandals) and the rest of the house was demolished shortly after.

That was probably the one really bad thing I did as a kid.

Leave a comment:

• KevinS
    replied
    We also used to play a game called 'kleilat'.. 2 groups of lads on either side of a small stream, banked by willow trees and clay type ground.. Get yourself a nice bendy piece of willow (about a metre and a half long), grab some clay, make a ball of it and attach it to the end of the willow and try and hit someone on the other side by flinging it across.. Used to come home with some serious bruises..

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Playing with fireworks. Not clever.

We used to get drainpipes and bottle rockets and play bazookas. How nobody was ever maimed/killed I'll never know.

Never got in trouble though as it was out of school...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Not exactly a school prank ... but my best mate and me (We were about 7 years old at time) thought it would be a good idea to build a bonfire around one of those neighbourhood sub-electricity station things you see around; You know, surrounded by fence, and barbed wire at top and massive metal radiator thingies inside.

Fire started, fence climbed then we ran away laughing - until about two minutes later when all the lights in the local area shutdown at once and we sort of realised what we'd done.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Well, there you have it. Justifiable proof that the UK should get all that lovely money, since we have had a thriving and entreprenurial terrorist spirit going right back to the "Just William" days...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The naughtiest I ever got was throwing a chair at the Teacher, got an absolute b'king for it of the head of English. Other than that my overiding memory was the cock of the year headbutting the deputy head and his false teeth falling out. Highly amusing.

Entry on friends reunited made me laugh..
    Today I'm a baraster, hardly ever see anyone from school until the other week when I was prosecuting one of my old classmates, I expect he thinks I'm a twat

Oh,and I remember fusing the science lab with a bottle washer over the electric terminals.

erm maybe I was naughty
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 4 July 2008, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    We made napalm out of polystyrene and petrol...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    We burnt stuff, and chucked rocks at each other. One kid got a broken collarbone. It sounds terrible doesn't it? But it was always them thats started it they led me astray. No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.
    I had good periods and naughty periods. Barely took any notice in lessons but did well in exams and I don't think I put my hand up to answer any questions in my whole school career.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    We used to go into the doorway where the teacher would stand to supervise the kids coming into school after playtime or dinner. Then we would 'yocker'* up at the lintel to create danglers, that would hopefully stretch then fall down the teachers neck.

*To Yocker = to gob a thick green and lumpy snotter over a distance

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.
    Aye, good old Calais. We called it the 3F trip.

Flickknives, Firecrackers and Frenchies.

Funningly enough, we only ever went once as well.

Compared to us though, Lord only knows what the "rough school" down the road got up to when they went there....

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by KevinS View Post
    I can remember making 'bombs' out of swimming pool chlorine when I was a kid.. If I did it now, I would probably be detained under anti-terrorism laws..
    We burnt stuff, and chucked rocks at each other. One kid got a broken collarbone. It sounds terrible doesn't it? But it was always them thats started it they led me astray. No knifes though, except on day trip to Calais, the little wooden handled jobbies. And firecrackers. We didn't go a second time.

Leave a comment:

• KevinS
    replied
    I can remember making 'bombs' out of swimming pool chlorine when I was a kid.. If I did it now, I would probably be detained under anti-terrorism laws..

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    sounds like tourettes
    whorettes?

IGMC.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Careful could result in a mass banning!

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    sounds like tourettes
    F.O.

Seriously.

(I thinks Lucy has created a new saying on the boards !)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X