• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Canada wants well fed Brits"

Collapse

• PERMIESLAPPER
    replied
    Churchy???????

How do you figure that we are religious zealots?

We have gay marriage, practically legalized marijuana, definite separation of church and state!!

You have your fact wrong!!

Canada is screaming for people, especially in Alberta coffee shop people are pulling in 10-14 per hour!!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    Religous? No. Loonies? Yes

Trust me...they are relegious nutters...though yesterday they awarded the Order of Canada (kinda like a knighthood) to a doctor best known for performing illegal abortions (when they were illegal). So I can't quite figure them out.

Unlike here the Canadian government now makes clear their biases towards/against specific groups.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I thought that was the currency.
    Dollar...only the dollar coin is a Loonie (cause of the loon bird on one side). The two dollar coin is called - naturally a twoonie. even though it has polar bears on it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by beaker View Post
    I thought that was the currency.

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I don't think I know you Sue...hmmm. Don't let it out to the wife..she's already desperate to move over there....even though she's the type to keep the heat on in this weather!

I wonder if she knows the Canadian government are a bunch of relegious loonies.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    80 for me - I've done this before and the plan is to move to Vancouver within the next couple of years. Everyone there is fantastic, so if you lot can carry on with your wretched little lives over here, we can keep things that way.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    You wouldn't want to move to Canada incase you get stung by bees falling outta a truck.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7482609.stm

Canada's biggest highway is in new Brunswick? sure its the Trans-Canada..but in most parts its two lanes (one each way).

Still hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I just wrote f u ck off and got 7 points.
    Va te faire f....

Ô je m'excuse, M. LeFuret.
    Last edited by expat; 1 July 2008, 14:28.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I just wrote f u ck off and got 7 points.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I got 85 but I cheated

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh no! What have I started?

Leave a comment:

• Weltchy
    replied
    Haha, 68.

Parlez-vous anglais ?

Montrez-moi où je m'inscris pour des allocations de chômage ?

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    I got 65

The mrs, with me attached scored 80! The big difference was the education.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Taxes have eased up recently..and they don't have Inheritence Tax. I imagine taxes are equivalent if not lower. IT salaries seem to be...from my experience...much higher there.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    75 points for me, trouble is I know that already and have been at the Mrs for years to move but she don't want to leave family over here.

My brother is in Alberta and we go over every other year, it's great, we all love it. And Alberta is booming at the moment due to all the Oil they found in the sand there. Land is dirt cheap out there if you want to live like the Waltons

Leave a comment:

Working...
X