• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "House prices still rising...."

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    Niburu apparently. I don't think Gordon Brown should rule this out as a blame allocation strategy as it might just rally the nation to thwart these evil interlopers so that double digit HPI can get back on track.
    Same thing - don't you read the Book of Revelation?

Anyway, plenty of stuff here:

http://www.crank.net/nibiru.html

Leave a comment:

• ferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You would say that wouldn't you, you VI alien lizard.
    Damn right! Hope the lot crashes Wish that I were an alien lizard. Just a humble ferret that needed to move and could see a blip on the horizon...

There is a ferret over there too but that is not me either. Like the rest of you have said they are a bit too extreme (never thought I would see that written on CUK!) so not even registered over there. Yet...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    House prices are rising are they?

The average house price in England and Wales is currently 183,266, down from 183,626 last month

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Planet Wormwood by chance? They like that on Rapture Ready http://www.rr-bb.com
    Unfortunatley, I got banned for not being vile enough (I paraphrase).
    Niburu apparently. I don't think Gordon Brown should rule this out as a blame allocation strategy as it might just rally the nation to thwart these evil interlopers so that double digit HPI can get back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    This thread manages to cover more variants of 'we're doomed' than any CUK equivalent - impressive.

Oh BP, it might not be a comet bur something chucked at us from some satanic planet out past uranus
    Planet Wormwood by chance? They like that on Rapture Ready http://www.rr-bb.com
    Unfortunatley, I got banned for not being vile enough (I paraphrase).
    Last edited by Old Greg; 30 June 2008, 09:32. Reason: Punctuation

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    It's a kind of metaphor for any number of economic / alien lizard catastrophes that could affect the housing market. Although it may be a real comet.
    This thread manages to cover more variants of 'we're doomed' than any CUK equivalent - impressive.

Oh BP, it might not be a comet bur something chucked at us from some satanic planet out past uranus

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What comet is this?
    It's a kind of metaphor for any number of economic / alien lizard catastrophes that could affect the housing market. Although it may be a real comet.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    With your avatar ?

I don't post on there as my current tinfoil helmet would need a major upgrade but it is quite entertaining. I assume your earlier comment to Ziety realted to the impending global economic collapse brought about by the (soon to be) incoming comet?

Why won't people listen until it is too late
    I do post their occasionally but with a different avatar. There's a lot of doom-laden nonsense but some good stuff too. Now that we've 'Sold to Rent', I'm all in favour of the comet or anything else that means I can buy my dream mansion for half a groat (and I've hedged on the pound / groat exchange rate just to be on the safe side).

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    the impending global economic collapse brought about by the (soon to be) incoming comet?
    What comet is this?

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    No, do you?
    With your avatar ?

I don't post on there as my current tinfoil helmet would need a major upgrade but it is quite entertaining. I assume your earlier comment to Ziety realted to the impending global economic collapse brought about by the (soon to be) incoming comet?

Why won't people listen until it is too late

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hey OG -do you post over there with the same avatar?
    No, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Hey OG -do you post over there with the same avatar?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by ferret View Post
    Just in case there was a hint of seriousness there... According to the paranoid freaks on housepricecrash.co.uk, the Land Registry figures lag the market by 3 months and also don't include the sale price of repo's so are skewed a little. So they suggest that citing this data in reports that "house crash has stalled" or "rate of falls are slowing" is bad reporting, lazy journalism and also that people with large BTL portfolios run the BBC and therefore they want to talk down any falls in the market. Paranoid? Never

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    House sales WILL drop by as much as 50 per cent, analysts say.
    Note: sales not prices.

It also warned that prices were down in 84 per cent of postcode districts in England and Wales last month.
    So 16% of postcode districts have unchanged or rising house prices?

In the short term it seems inevitable that prices will continue to post modest falls until such a time as consumer confidence improves.
    'it seems' and 'inevitable' => oxymoron + 'short-term' + 'modest' => 'havn't a clue'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lysts-say.html

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    "BTL. Rents still rising"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X