• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bad role with good dosh"

Collapse

• badgerpig
    replied

cheers folks,

At the end of the day I suppose we're all mercenary, praetorian blighters otherwise we'd all be permy

my philosophy so far on this contract has been keep my head down and keep the timesheets rolling, rolling, rolling, just had a bairn too so at the moment money & family are the main priorities
    (for the moment anyone for jobserve?)

cheers
    Badger

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I live therefore I invoice.
    I Invoice therefore I can live

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Morale

HTH
    Morals

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    ...... terrible team moral (13 people left in 6 months, most people sit in silence), blame culture rather than leadership etc etc you get the picture

Morale

HTH

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by badgerpig View Post
    the pits, terrible team moral (13 people left in 6 months, most people sit in silence), blame culture rather than leadership etc etc you get the picture
    I think we work at the same clientco.

I'd be looking around at the market for other roles and raising my rate every chance I get to make it more bearable. Oh, wait, that's what I'm doing.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    If you're just a bit miserable, well, that's why they have to pay you to do it.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Project

Weigh up all three, in no particular order, and decide on things yourself.

Personally I can only stand a crap project for a certain amount of time.

Are we all sell outs or should you walk from a lousy contract if it was well paid?
    Yes we are all sell outs. Know this and be proud!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I live therefore I invoice.

If it's not a skill strategic contract (i.e. you're only there to pick up a whizzy skill) then only money and going home to your family are important.

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Do what I do: Grin and bear it.... smile when the money goes into the bank!!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    If you're sitting on the bed in the mornings crying at the prospect of going in, then pack it in.

If you're just a bit miserable, well, that's why they have to pay you to do it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Silly question unless you are a disguised employee. If you are a business, the company turnover is paramount. If you have free time even better - post on CUK or learn a new skill. FFS.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    You could have a nice contract elsewhere and stay in a grim B&B, live out of a bag and have as good a knowledge of the congested UK road network as a long distance Lorry driver.
    that's me right up to the congested bit.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    You could have a nice contract elsewhere and stay in a grim B&B, live out of a bag and have as good a knowledge of the congested UK road network as a long distance Lorry driver.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    What's your current priority? Billing or smiling at work? Work that out and you have your answer.

I left a crap gig as I had a healthy bank balance. I might not have done that if I needed to build that balance up...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    It's all about the money. Otherwise we'd all be doing charity work, or in advertising (Or TV or similar with equally nice eye candy)

HTH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X