• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you get offended by the comments on this board?"

Collapse

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    How was your lunchtime ham and tomato sandwich with mustard? Mine was delicious unsurprisingly, and I know yours was too.
    Spartacus is sasguru, and I claim my ham and tomato carpet with mustard.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm an old timer just like you. Strange that.
    How was your lunchtime ham and tomato sandwich with mustard? Mine was delicious unsurprisingly, and I know yours was too.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    curtains

(one for the old timers there).
    I'm an old timer just like you. Strange that.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I nearly choked on my sandwich.

How are your carpets?
    curtains

(one for the old timers there).

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
    TAY'S FANTASTIC WIFE TIP OF THE WEEK:

INCREASE the life of your wife by rolling her up and keeping her in the garage.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• Charles Foster Kane
    replied

How are your carpets?
    TAY'S FANTASTIC CARPET TIP OF THE WEEK:

INCREASE the life of your carpets by rolling them up and keeping them in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I far prefer wood floors. Easier to clean.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Nope.

I just delude myself into thinking that I'm great. Which I am.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied

How are your carpets?

Fine thanks.. how is your carpet.. still dusty from lack of use?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    I get upset all the time. I am a very sensitive soul and just try to gloss over my caring nature with bravado.

How are your carpets?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    If there are no comments in the code, why not just cut and paste random comments extracted from CUK posts?

That way people working on the code (yourself for a start) will find it more interesting, and by staying alert will introduce fewer bugs when changing it. Isn't that the whole point of comments?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    If there are no comments in the code, why not just cut and paste random comments extracted from CUK posts?

That way people working on the code (yourself for a start) will find it more interesting, and by staying alert will introduce fewer bugs when changing it. Isn't that the whole point of comments?

P.S. Some people may get uppity and claim their comments here are copyright or something, but you're welcome to use any of my posts.
    Thanks Marina, will do. I actually put things in like, 'solar eclipse today - pretty good'
    but only if I think its for my consumption only

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I have to admit it Yes I do. I have been working on this appli fkin cation for three months now and I HATE working in other peoples sh 1 te.
    Its not so much the comments but the lack of comments in the code that really p1sses me off.
    so YES comments in the code can be really upsetting.

P.S. Some people may get uppity and claim their comments here are copyright or something, but you're welcome to use any of my posts.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I have to admit it Yes I do. I have been working on this appli fkin cation for three months now and I HATE working in other peoples sh 1 te.
    Its not so much the comments but the lack of comments in the code that really p1sses me off.
    so YES comments in the code can be really upsetting.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    I get upset all the time. I am a very sensitive soul and just try to gloss over my caring nature with bravado.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X