• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I am so cross!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I am so cross!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Yes, black is my favourite too!

You need a meter maid!

French - Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Black.

I like black cars.

And another thing! ******* parking prices! Six quid to park for 3 hours!

Yes, black is my favourite too!

You need a meter maid!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    What colour is it churchy?
    Black.

I like black cars.

And another thing! ******* parking prices! Six quid to park for 3 hours!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Yeah, I had to take the R8 into Windsor yesterday evening for just that reason!

Btw, those elevated crossing/speed bumps on the main high street are a bastard!
    What colour is it churchy?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I wondered what that Reliant Robin was doing outside all night.
    Maybe your bf is David Jason?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    It's the car I turn up to work in, my beater, saves my good car getting beat up. Have you seen the condition of the average car in the South East? Some are even minus their wing mirrors and filler caps
    Yeah, I had to take the R8 into Windsor yesterday evening for just that reason!

Btw, those elevated crossing/speed bumps on the main high street are a bastard!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    It's the car I turn up to work in, my beater, saves my good car getting beat up. Have you seen the condition of the average car in the South East? Some are even minus their wing mirrors and filler caps
    I wondered what that Reliant Robin was doing outside all night.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    What is 'work car'? Are you a mini-cab driver?

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    No, it was only locked by the central locking on the now missing flap, it's only my work car, but it's a bit of an open invitation at today's prices
    What is 'work car'? Are you a mini-cab driver?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    Does the filler cap open with the main key? If so, they may have taken it to make a copy, and come back later for the rest of the car.
    No, it was only locked by the central locking on the now missing flap, it's only my work car, but it's a bit of an open invitation at today's prices

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Probably the Highway Code in that instance.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    ... whilst I was turning into a car park...

What is it about soft squidgy pedestrians that make them think they should have right of way
    Probably the Highway Code in that instance.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    It wasn't me!

Last year some knob prised my filler door off removed the petrol cap and left a nice scratch down the side of the car. I expect more of this now petrol has become very valuable.

Any proper theif would have know it was easier to cut the fuel line. Still hopefully they got a mouth full of Petrol!
    Does the filler cap open with the main key? If so, they may have taken it to make a copy, and come back later for the rest of the car.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I had a pedestrian deliberately knock the mirror off the side of my car whilst I was turning into a car park. It's at times like that I wish I had a temper, but no I didn't leap out of the car and introduce his face to my fist. What is it about soft squidgy pedestrians that make them think they should have right of way over 1 1/2 tonnes of japanese metal?

That's what you get for going to Bristol I guess.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Were you blocking a road ? sometimes people get angry and turn the mirrors in, so they can get past(particularly bin wagons). Never heard of somone getting a mirror unscrewed though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X