• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Extension........!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Extension........!"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles
    I call her 'Mistress'.....

Seriously, She's extremely switched on - helped me negotiate a 30+% rate increase a year ago....

So She's paid for herself - many times over...

T
    I like birds who stand there own corner.

Must be my East Lancs upbringing!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Unfortunately,

Haven't had the pleasure of Barclays........ any offers considered in ITIL Service Mgt gratefully received after Dec!!!

News on Extension......

They are really pushing for twelve months - They say want stability in the role, I'm still concerned.

I thought of negotiating a rate increase and taking the twleve months if they agree otherwise it's 6 months...

Seeing client next week....

Seeing a business coach - She's got some good ideas...

T
    Ohhhhhh, that's what they're called these days, eh?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Unfortunately,

Haven't had the pleasure of Barclays........ any offers considered in ITIL Service Mgt gratefully received after Dec!!!

News on Extension......

They are really pushing for twelve months - They say want stability in the role, I'm still concerned.

I thought of negotiating a rate increase and taking the twleve months if they agree otherwise it's 6 months...

Seeing client next week....

Seeing a business coach - She's got some good ideas...

T

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Me too. You arn't that contractor who crashed the bus into a tree at the beer festival are you ?
    Eh no, but I did accidentally knock a cyclist off his bike at the Stocks Lane (?) entrance. I miss the "trio of sausages" the canteen used to make.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Me too, 3 years in fact, working on the ESP system.
    Donkeys years ago I worked with Andersen Consulting on the PCs in Branches thing.

A few years ago I worked on the Chip & Pin implementation with FI Group/Xansa for a while.

They had a good Sci-Fi book club....

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Me too. You arn't that contractor who crashed the bus into a tree at the beer festival are you ?

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Re: the Barclays thing, I did a couple of stints at Radbroke Hall.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I was SD - was just going onto JW when this gig came up..... I miss it but Tyne & Wear is a long way from Cheshire - needs must!

I'm also a Comp in RA - that's in Cheshire too.......

I suppose if anything turns up at Barclays Knutsford - I could always nip down!!

I did do the Cheshire Show a couple of years ago....on the Prov. stand handing out leaflets all togged up - a little odd.....

T
    Well done! Personally I'm all in favour of that kind of thing.

Re: the Barclays thing, I did a couple of stints at Radbroke Hall.

Are UKAEA/NNC still in Knutsford?

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    I was SD - was just going onto JW when this gig came up..... I miss it but Tyne & Wear is a long way from Cheshire - needs must!

I'm also a Comp in RA - that's in Cheshire too.......

I suppose if anything turns up at Barclays Knutsford - I could always nip down!!

I did do the Cheshire Show a couple of years ago....on the Prov. stand handing out leaflets all togged up - a little odd.....

T

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Unfortunately,

Being at the Northern edge of the empire - I don't get much chance to perambulate as much as I'd like..... and had to let someone else carry the wand this year....

I haven't visited any yet up here - early days.

T
    I do a half day on loi and meetings(we meet on Fridays) so things aren't too bad.

I've got JD role this year.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Unfortunately,

Being at the Northern edge of the empire - I don't get much chance to perambulate as much as I'd like..... and had to let someone else carry the wand this year....

I haven't visited any yet up here - early days.

T

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Thanks for the congrats....

Forgot to say....

Also WFH on Fridays too......

Don't like 12months as I feel trapped - don't mind setting up the processes and handover - don't want BAU!!

T
    Great news. What about when you're tyling? Do you ever miss meetings?

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Offered 12 months.....

Only wanted 6 months (concerned about long assignments) - they're coming back to me.....

Shouldn't be a problem.....

Do I get a BOOMED?

T
    BOOMED!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Thanks for the congrats....

Forgot to say....

Also WFH on Fridays too......

Don't like 12months as I feel trapped - don't mind setting up the processes and handover - don't want BAU!!

T
    Okay, don't rub it in!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X