• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: florida - disney ?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "florida - disney ?"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I like either the Swan or the Floridian. Excellent hotels and very easy to get to everything you want to see within Disney.

Epcot dining is good. There are several different countries, and we arranged to have a dinner in a different country each night for our stay. Schulers steaks are pretty good to, though I prefer Cattleman's Ranch.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    I always fancied taking a holiday on the Keys.

You could stay on one of the Upper Keys and do trips into Miami and the Everglades. Though stay away from Key West unless you bat for the other team.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Careful if you are buying clothes over there as the sizes are set to local standards.

For example, I am a high street large / designer slightly XL sort of size. Over there I am easily a Medium. XL clothes over there would comfortably fit a cow.

They greedy, greedy, lardy, fat b@stards!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Try the rodeo as well in Kissimee

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Thanks TLG and others, some good top tips. What happened to the sarky stuff
    I am going to a funeral this afternoon and am not in the mood for piss taking.
    Otherwise I would have called you a puff for not liking coasters! What sort of girl goes to Florida and doesnt do rides. Take a good look at the big swing at Old Town Kissimee. Go on a Thursday night when the bikers and hot rodders meet.

Sometimes we can be quite helpful.

This subject has been done before, you might want to search for it. There was a lot of good advice last time.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Thanks TLG and others, some good top tips. What happened to the sarky stuff

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Take a buggy with you instead of hiring one. A cheap one from argos and leave it there
    Buy one once there? If you can live without for the journey.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Take a buggy with you instead of hiring one. A cheap one from argos and leave it there

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    The kids are young and I have zero interest ( a positive aversion ! ) to going on the rides, the thought of 12 days of it

Therefore, maybe I'm looking at a beach holiday in Florida first and then a couple of days visiting Disney. The kids are young enough to fall for a line like 'Mickey Mouse only lets you visit twice or his ears will fall off' !
    The parks have plenty of stuff other than rides. The 3 and 4d shows are great. The parks themselves are fun places.
    Blizzard beach and Typhoon lagoon are nice places to spend a day as water parks. Sea world has some interesting animals.

You need to see the parade at the magic kingdom and the firworks at Epcot.
    Visit the everglades. Go on an air boat. Take a trip to Miami.

I am a roller coaster junkie so am not best to advise beyond that. Though I am quite foody and enjoy a beer so those restaraunts I suggested are worthwhile.

12 days wasnt enough.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There are height restrictions on most of the good rides. If your kids are too young/small then I would suggest you wait a while....
    The kids are young and I have zero interest ( a positive aversion ! ) to going on the rides, the thought of 12 days of it

Therefore, maybe I'm looking at a beach holiday in Florida first and then a couple of days visiting Disney. The kids are young enough to fall for a line like 'Mickey Mouse only lets you visit twice or his ears will fall off' !

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    replied
    Also if you're going in September ensure you go after the first week in September. The first Monday in September is labour day after which all the americans go back to work so the parks will be a great deal emptier and no real queues.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Any top tips on taking the kiddie winks to Florida, possibly Sept and obviously would have to include Disney stuff ?

I'd sooner stay elsewhere and drive to Disney for a day or two but !?

Just had a look at the Virgin package deals, no mega cheap deals when staying at the Disney resort, looks like I can get there for about £1K flight only !?
    Have you looked at kayak.com ?

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Forgot.

Car hire. Soft tops are nice, but air con is better. Treat yourself, hire a mustang or a Dodge Charger.

Disney has busses and a monorail within its parks.
    All the outlying areas have buses to and from the parks. They tend to set off too late to miss the crowds. get up early and go.

HINT: In the car parks, use your mobile and take a picture of the sign for the section you are in.

If you intend to eat in one of the parks then try and make an early decision and book. Cinderallas castle is booked up to about 2012 I believe.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I could not list all the rides I liked. I know others will join in.
    Its tough to be a bug - 3d show at Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest - at Animal kingdom

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    What are GRITS?
    Tastless cross between porridge and wallpaper paste.

I could not list all the rides I liked. I know others will join in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X