• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What's your favourite 4 door saloon car ?"

Collapse

• Sionner
    replied
    Favourite 4 door saloon

"Mine, I like the Maserati QuattroPorte a lot" - agreed! But there again the Lancia Aurelia B20 comes close in my mind! - I heard a story some years ago that up until about 1952, all Lancia cars (and many other Italian makes) were all made with right hand drive, Apparently this had resulted from the fact that Italy had not finally decided which side of the road its drivers were to drive on! So in some regions they drove on the left, whilst in others they drove on the right! Typical of the Italians - can't decide which side they're on! (joke)

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    Imagine trying to get out of that car when you've parked it into your suburban single car garage.
    .. and imagine the damage if those doors are motor driven and some pillock presses the open button in the garage!

It looks like an open top model though, so couldn't one just hop out over the top of the doors, Dukes of Hazzard style?

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I do like this as well, but in terms of practicality, its a no-goer.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    oh gawd !

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

Safe, reliable, fun, parts are cheap, good fuel economy, bags of room for shopping, goes from A to B, and inconspicous.

Does me nicely.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Mine, I like the Maserati QuattroPorte a lot.

Milan, I never realised that you had so much good taste. In terms of sheer class, beauty (forget the "bling" porsche) and understatement it is fantastic. I drove one at a track day. Unfortunatly they wouldnt give me enough for my Mondeo in p/x

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Imagine trying to get out of that car when you've parked it into your suburban single car garage.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    A new concept car, designed specifically with Chico in mind...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Look at this for a four-door motor car. Isn't she a BEAUTY?

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    Mercedes CLS

Reviving this thread just to say that (as some-one correctly guessed) the beautiful new Mercedes I was talking about is indeed the new CLS.

It looks much more impressive in the flesh than in the photos I've managed to find on the web - especially in black, not a colour I normally go for. Think I would have it in Burgundy red.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    ...its pricey but exclusive.
    A bit like being a member of your cult, then?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Exactly an Audi!!!! Everyone has got it. At least the Merc R Class is exclusive. Like getting Bang & Olufsen TV - its pricey but exclusive.
    Threaded has a couple of shagged BMWs for sale...

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    Weren't you complaining about the price of an Audi?

Exactly an Audi!!!! Everyone has got it. At least the Merc R Class is exclusive. Like getting Bang & Olufsen TV - its pricey but exclusive.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Mercedes have lost it since they prostituted themselves and merged with Chrysler.

What's that Chico, the Chrysler 'R' ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    well it has six seats (growing family) will look good in the Executive Car park and will get me around quite quickly. Looks like 2006 will be a Merc year for the Chico family
    Weren't you complaining about the price of an Audi?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X