• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sartorial standards slipping?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    At the moment it is a very attractive blonde 22 year old
    Remember, not office property until...

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The other day he said he was very old so young is early twenties.

<Pushes Churchill aside and dives in>
    WHS.

Also, where I am there are about 400 students on work placement schemes so naturally a number of them are young women/girls and with the weather having been mid 20's to 30's the last couple of weeks I've been having to walk bent over at times

Over the last year and on 2 of the projects I have had had cause to have to work with the students and each time I have been assigned the young girl which has caused no amount of ribbing from the other 2 blokes I share the office with. At the moment it is a very attractive blonde 22 year old

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Permies at MOD wore shorts and flip flops in summer. I didn't really notice but my immaculately dressed colleague was scandalised. I will probably be locked up for 42 days for mentioning this anyway.
    first they'll print out this thread and leave it on a train somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
    Wrong floor (and set of lifts).

I haven't yet seen flip flops in the office but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Permies at MOD wore shorts and flip flops in summer. I didn't really notice but my immaculately dressed colleague was scandalised. I will probably be locked up for 42 days for mentioning this anyway.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Steady lads, I'll handle this one...

Oi Darmstadt, just how young are we talking about?
    The other day he said he was very old so young is early twenties.

<Pushes Churchill aside and dives in>

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Worse than crocs I saw a bloke in UGG boots the other day. wtf?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Quite a few people here are currently wearing them and shorts including an attractive young Welsh girl.
    Steady lads, I'll handle this one...

Oi Darmstadt, just how young are we talking about?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Quite a few people here are currently wearing them and shorts including an attractive young Welsh girl.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied

I've worn flip-flops in the office.

Mind you it was my home office rather than Client Co's office.

Leave a comment:

• gadgetman
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Maybe she was in the building to do the CEO's hair?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Beats wearing sandals with socks I suppose. Still, prize to be won for appalling taste.
    I do that. Reminds me, a relative emailed me some pictures, from a party where I was wearing sandals with socks, of pictures of the said sandals with socks.

Also pictures where I won several beers in some beer drinking competition or it might have been drinking the prizes in the bike race. Can't remember exactly, was good beer.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Ban adult Crocs

Beats wearing sandals with socks I suppose. Still, prize to be won for appalling taste.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    In the lift this morning I spotted a young lady wearing "Crocs"; makes me shudder just to type the word.

This is in the world headquarters of a major international bank, not a hairdressers!
    Maybe she was in the building to do the CEO's hair?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    lol

family tom thumb was it?

saw a chap at schiphol last friday - suited and croc'd he was. pillock he looked.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Nothing is more gay than a man wearing them, spotted a whole family in them last week, you see some sights when you haven't got your gun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X