• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Suggestions for utterly bored !"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    There was a funny article in the Sun today, about a couple who checked their house on Google Earth and noticed on the lawn a large shape. This turned out to be their pet giant mastiff having an afternoon nap. So their dog is literally large enough to be visible from space
    No 'fraid not.

Visible from aerial photography, not space.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Has anyone actually found their car on there - the pics of my house are from around 2000 - before I owned it and show the works that were done that year to extend it and build a garage.
    I put in the "Find your local service" system for a local authority. When I first put in my old postcode, there was the wife's motor clearly parked outside the house.

Spooky!

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Has anyone actually found their car on there - the pics of my house are from around 2000 - before I owned it and show the works that were done that year to extend it and build a garage.
    multimap's pics are more up-to-date

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    When you zoom in on my brother's house, you can see him in the back garden using a laptop. The funny thing is, at the time the photo was taken he was looking at his back garden on Google Earth. If you zoom in close enough and then do the tilty thing so you can see the screen, it opens up a time-and-space tunnel and you can literally travel anywhere on earth by typing in your destination, closing your eyes and jumping into your monitor.

It's 4th house from the end, Cooper Lane, Holmfirth.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Likely View Post
    Find your car on google maps !
    Bizarre you should mention it, but I did exactly this today

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    try an earlier house? it might be outside that one.

of course being contractors none of our cars were built then nest pas?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Check out the old "Sharp" building used for armed police training in Manchester.

Look how close to the main road and railway line it is!

F*ckers!
    There was a funny article in the Sun today, about a couple who checked their house on Google Earth and noticed on the lawn a large shape. This turned out to be their pet giant mastiff having an afternoon nap. So their dog is literally large enough to be visible from space

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I used to do a similar thing when bored; I'd find news stories with buildings in the background, and try to find the building. For example, when the McCanns were repeatedly interviewed infront of their house or when Fred Dibnahs' house went up for sale.

Mindless, I admit, but it whiled away half an hour or so.
    Check out the old "Sharp" building used for armed police training in Manchester.

Look how close to the main road and railway line it is!

F*ckers!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Likely View Post
    I used to do a similar thing when bored; I'd find news stories with buildings in the background, and try to find the building. For example, when the McCanns were repeatedly interviewed infront of their house or when Fred Dibnahs' house went up for sale.

Mindless, I admit, but it whiled away half an hour or so.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    this is a contractors board right?

cars

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Nice idea but I don't know where it was when they took the pics.

Leave a comment:

• Likely
    started a topic Suggestions for utterly bored !

Suggestions for utterly bored !

Working...
X