• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How does this sound?"

Collapse

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by blacjac View Post
    Would rather drill holes in my feet with a rusty hand drill
    Would rather have open heart surgery with a butter knife.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Because its a 5 minute job every Friday that I do at clientCo.

Single low salary and divs, no point getting her involved.
    But if you have the opportunity to pay her, is the view that it is like a red rag to Hector, or am I missing something as it seems like reasonable to me?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by daviejones View Post
    OK, so the question is: Why are you not paying your Co Sec for her to do things like book keeping etc?
    Because its a 5 minute job every Friday that I do at clientCo.

Single low salary and divs, no point getting her involved.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    OK, so the question is: Why are you not paying your Co Sec for her to do things like book keeping etc?

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Would rather drill holes in my feet with a rusty hand drill

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Been looking for a reason to use this line for ages:

"Would rather stick needles in my eyes"

HTH

Too true!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Been looking for a reason to use this line for ages:

"Would rather stick needles in my eyes"

HTH

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    That sounds far too ingenious to be a good idea. It's mixing business with the opposite of pleasure, or sthg.

Leave a comment:

• beeker
    replied
    I dont have a Co Sec anymore. If I did, you can bet yer boaby it would not be anyone with an 'ex' in front of their name.

Unless, you were to have a signed agreement with the CSA that the wage is an agreed representation in respect of any and all maintenance owed now and in the future, but then the takehome pay would probably have to be equivalent to the maintenance.

how silly does that sound.....

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    How does this sound?

It sounds like a stupid idea likely to result in misery. Ask yourself (or indeed us) who else is doing this and then ask why not.

BTW I don't pay Co Sec a penny.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    As long as she got the same amount, she does not care where it comes from etc.
    And will it be that way forevermore. Sounds like a whole heap of trouble to me.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    I trust my ex wife, more than my gf (soon to be ex gf)...

never enjoyed binnings !

You trust her now, the bloke I know did but then she got hooked up with another bloke and things went downhill fast.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Does anyone here pay their Co Sec? What do you pay them?
    My wife is the company sec, but I don't pay her.

Leave a comment:

• daviejones
    replied
    When I looked into this initially, my Accountant said I could pay my Co Sec min wage. She will be doing things like filing etc, doing my expenses and paperwork etc.

Does anyone here pay their Co Sec? What do you pay them?

I trust my ex wife, more than my gf (soon to be ex gf)...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    One thing to factor in is how much do you trust your ex Mrs. I know somebody who paid his ex in cash to then let her claim various stuff from the generous state. She shopped him for not paying for years, he had no way of proving he had paid and got an astronomical bill form the CSA. It was quite a calculating nasty move from the ex as the kid was just about to hit 18 and the payments about to stop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X