• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One bedroom flat in London"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    The soothsayers were predicting the doom 3 years ago, it's taken the majority that long to catch up,
    So they were wrong then?

What do they predict now? Cos I reckon the opposite will happen.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Dead right

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    Flats under 250k in London (in 'cool' areas with bars etc) are supposed to be pretty solid due to the 'divorcee' market - i.e blokes mid 40's with half a house worth of cash and looking for some action.
    Spot on mate.
    Islington is a prime example. Heaving with bars and restaurants and no obvious signs of price falls. Very few new developments (hence no over-supply) and no lack of buyers. Same in Hampstead, Kensington and a few other places. IMO, in London/South East it's going to be the new towns in East London, Kent and Essex and all the outer London 'riverside' newly developed houses/flats that will suffer big drops.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Point taken Bagpuss but its 'meeja' land hereabouts.

Prices in 2002 (in the street I was then living in) were around 220k. I guess people will pay it on the off chance they get to bump into Rula Lenska in Sainsbury or Ant and Dec in the pub .
    I'd pay not to bump into those guys

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Especially in this strong market

Were the prices 300k in 2002? because that's the level they will probably see again.
    Point taken Bagpuss but its 'meeja' land hereabouts.

Prices in 2002 (in the street I was then living in) were around 220k. I guess people will pay it on the off chance they get to bump into Rula Lenska in Sainsbury or Ant and Dec in the pub .

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    ... looking for some action.

Leave a comment:

• Fishface
    replied
    Flats under 250k in London (in 'cool' areas with bars etc) are supposed to be pretty solid due to the 'divorcee' market - i.e blokes mid 40's with half a house worth of cash and looking for some action.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    The soothsayers were predicting the doom 3 years ago, it's taken the majority that long to catch up, they really are that dense. A Bubble fuelled by high levels of high leveraged debt will always end is disaster.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I love in London and in my experience the level of crime is consistent across the capital. I now live in SE London - for a while I was in SW London. I though SW London was supposed to be relatively crime free - I had quite a steep learning curve...
    I live in SW London - not noticed a whole lot of crime in my area. Either personally, or any of my friends. Guess it all depends where in particular.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Notice how everyone has suddenly become a housing expert?
    An expert is anyone who learns from the mistakes of others.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Yep, we're all running around stabbing each other all the time.

Where do you live again?
    I love in London and in my experience the level of crime is consistent across the capital. I now live in SE London - for a while I was in SW London. I though SW London was supposed to be relatively crime free - I had quite a steep learning curve...

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Here you go. This looks like a nice one.
    Must be the 42 year that makes it so cheap

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Notice how everyone has suddenly become a housing expert?
    Boomed/Doomed*

* Delete as appropriate.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Where do you live again?
    Somewhere where people don't get stabbed or murdered or bummed stabbed and murdered.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Here you go. This looks like a nice one.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    that excludes London then...
    Alternatively buy a stab proof vest

Where do you live again?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X