• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The introduction of traffic lights in F1"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    It was a joke in very very poor taste - I just hope no-one saw it.

It included the word "Plymouth" if you want a clue.
    We all make the odd poor taster, sometimes our guile isn't what it oughta be

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Watch the motorbike racing instead. James Toseland came 6th in the MotoGP and Scott Redding came 6th in the 125's.

Didn't even make a mention on the news. Seemingly, Euro 2008 is more important than celebrating British success...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    Pathetic. It's like putting traffic lights on a motorway.
    I think F1 is becoming so regulated (same type car/same engine sizes/same everything) and overburdened with red tape, it's like racing Scaletrix cars, less exciting, more and more boring to watch.
    Jasper Carrot said something like that - but suggested that controlling scaletrix cars would not be risky enough. So a "crash" would be accompanied by a whack round the head with a cricket bat!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    What?
    It was a joke in very very poor taste - I just hope no-one saw it.

It included the word "Plymouth" if you want a clue.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    F1

Pathetic. It's like putting traffic lights on a motorway.
    I think F1 is becoming so regulated (same type car/same engine sizes/same everything) and overburdened with red tape, it's like racing Scaletrix cars, less exciting, more and more boring to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I withdraw that!
    What?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I think lewis hamilton got distracted when Hilary Clinton rang him up to say she was going to drop out of the race.
    Am I the only one who thinks they are dead ringers ?
    I can't see the likeness between Hilary Clinton and Lewis Hamilton myself.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Having read that Lewis Hamilton drove into the back of Kimi Raikkonen in the Canadian Grand Prix, I was a little surprised to see that the Finn was waiting at a red light at the time of the accident. When were traffic lights introduced into F1? What will be next, lollipop ladies on the straight, a zebra crossing near the chicane? Sounds like a very odd state of affairs to me.

Moose
    I withdraw that!
    Last edited by BrilloPad; 9 June 2008, 12:19. Reason: silly comment

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think lewis hamilton got distracted when Hilary Clinton rang him up to say she was going to drop out of the race.
    Am I the only one who thinks they are dead ringers ?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    started a topic The introduction of traffic lights in F1

The introduction of traffic lights in F1

Having read that Lewis Hamilton drove into the back of Kimi Raikkonen in the Canadian Grand Prix, I was a little surprised to see that the Finn was waiting at a red light at the time of the accident. When were traffic lights introduced into F1? What will be next, lollipop ladies on the straight, a zebra crossing near the chicane? Sounds like a very odd state of affairs to me.

Moose

Working...
X