• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Petrol Tax Calculator"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I always find the petrol stn with the highest prices. No queues and my times worth more than 50p saved.

HTH
    Doesn't work like that round my way.

The ambulances and police cars have a deal which means they have to fill up at one of the most expensive petrol stations in the area.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I always find the petrol stn with the highest prices. No queues and my times worth more than 50p saved.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    It's around 113p for unleaded. I had my first £60+ tank fillup last night. I remember being shocked at my first £50+ tank, and that was only 3 years ago.
    Ranges from 113.9 to 116.9p

I receive an email twice a week from www.petrolprices.com giving me an indication of which of the petrol stations in the areas (5 mile radius) I regularly fill up in have the cheapest fuel.

One week on the day I had received the email the price had gone up 1p in all the stations. Then I remembered the prices you are sent are the prices from the night before.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Linky

Your annual fuel bill is: £2391.90
    Made up of ...
    Duty: £1056.42
    VAT: £356.24
    Actual cost of fuel: £979.24

Pretty shocking when you see it like that!
    I know its not fuel, but duty on most cars have gone up too - mine now £400 p.a.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It would cost £80 to fill the Passat up now.

I don't bother coz it's probly not going to see the week out.
    Q. How do you double the value of a Passat?

A. Fill it up with petrol

Leave a comment:

• skelm
    replied
    Diesel 132.9p ........ petrol 118.9p where I am. As of this morning ... probably more when I get back in evening!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigYinJames
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What is the current price per litre? I filled up the other day but I bet it has gone up since.
    It's around 113p for unleaded. I had my first £60+ tank fillup last night. I remember being shocked at my first £50+ tank, and that was only 3 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Round here it is about £1.15 for petrol and £1.26 for that horrible dirty oil like stuff tractors use.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Linky

Made up of ...

What is the current price per litre? I filled up the other day but I bet it has gone up since.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If all that tax were spent on transport systems, research & development into alternatice fuels and technologies then I'd gladly pay more. Sadly it is all wasted on propping up the public sector bottomless pit.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    started a topic Petrol Tax Calculator

Petrol Tax Calculator

Linky

Made up of ...

Working...
X