• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Possible CUK holiday destination ..."

Collapse

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    'real' milk?
    It was a joke, like the (true) Evelyn Waugh anecdote, but obviously you're only in the mood for very serious discussion today

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    What's wrong with breast feeding?
    Lucy obviously tried it but the baby rejected the man boobs......

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Reading the last few posts I see that you can't really underestimate the intelligence of women.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Reading the last few posts I see that you can't really underestimate the intelligence of women.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Exactly, and some third world mothers don't have a choice, if they can't afford real milk anyway.
    'real' milk?

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    .. Ultimately, it is still a woman's body and should be her right to decide if she wants to ruin her breasts.
    Exactly, and some third world mothers don't have a choice, if they can't afford real milk anyway.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Breast feeding - the very idea used to make me feel a little ill..... but then I saw my mate do it and she got such maternal satisfaction (odd phrase) from it.... she didn't do it for long... maybe 4 weeks, but she doesn't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Nothing, essentially, I just hate how women are pressured into it. Friends of mine having babies in hospital have been literally bullied into doing it. I know it is the best etc etc, however, ultimately, it is still a woman's body and should be her right to decide if she wants to ruin her breasts.
    Perhaps if she wants to keep her breasts that perfect, she should choose not to have babies.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Not a nym, not a word, not an acronym and there's no eom greek or latin suffix, it's a new abbreviation - a neobrevism.

Although I'm not entirely happy with ism

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Nothing, essentially, I just hate how women are pressured into it. Friends of mine having babies in hospital have been literally bullied into doing it. I know it is the best etc etc, however, ultimately, it is still a woman's body and should be her right to decide if she wants to ruin her breasts.
    I know they do push this a lot but kind of her own fault in some ways to allow herself to be bullied into it. It's not compulsory.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied

Apparently author Evelyn Waugh was left a message on his answerphone asking if he'd like to lecture some students on breast feeding.

He eagerly accepted, and after the lecture their teacher congratulated him "Great lecture, Mr Waugh, although you didn't seem to go into much detail about Press Freedom .. "

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    And they seem like decent guys, I would rather go and annoy a whingy whiney lefty site, or some breast milk obsessed mother's site.

Apparently author Evelyn Waugh was left a message on his answerphone asking if he'd like to lecture some students on breast feeding.

He eagerly accepted, and after the lecture their teacher congratulated him "Great lecture, Mr Waugh, although you didn't seem to go into much detail about Press Freedom .. "

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Ah you mean an "acroneom" ?
    No its a Cuknym

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It's not even in Google - it's a neobrevitism. (I just made that word up)
    Ah you mean an "acroneom" ?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Be careful, you could be next.

No, I actually would never stalk sas, he is too witty and charming for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X