• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Should we bring back the birch?"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    So much felling in the UK by developers, yes we should bring back the birch to balance out the water table.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    And beatings, lots more beatings.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    ‘Birching’ never went away. It just costs a small fortune to get that sort of abuse now.
    No it doesn't - I know this really good place near Kings X that....

ooops!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Rantor View Post
    I saw a documentary on the Taleban a few years ago (before they came to power) and one of their blokes had nicked a pistol from another talitubby. They were going to lop of one of his hands but because they did not want come across as 'too severe' on film (plus the bloke was their mechanic) they decided to commute this to a severe beating on the soles of the feet.

To add insult to injury, the guy had to give thanks to the great whatever after each stroke. It looked unbelievably painful and I'm sure it would catch on as a Saturday night tv in Britain (they've reintroduced gladiators so anything is possible)
    If they had banned guns then this would never have happened! sorted...

Leave a comment:

• Rantor
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.

The cat o'nine tails is much more efficient...

Rubbing the salt in afterwards makes one's eyes water a bit too, so I've heard.
    I saw a documentary on the Taleban a few years ago (before they came to power) and one of their blokes had nicked a pistol from another talitubby. They were going to lop of one of his hands but because they did not want come across as 'too severe' on film (plus the bloke was their mechanic) they decided to commute this to a severe beating on the soles of the feet.

To add insult to injury, the guy had to give thanks to the great whatever after each stroke. It looked unbelievably painful and I'm sure it would catch on as a Saturday night tv in Britain (they've reintroduced gladiators so anything is possible)
    Last edited by Rantor; 4 June 2008, 08:01.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Jackpot! Bringing back the Birch is just about the most stupid idea I've heard for a while.
    So you're not called "soft bloke" for nothing. "Soft in the head bloke" more like.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

This board is for stupid nonsense - no more good ideas.
    Jackpot! Bringing back the Birch is just about the most stupid idea I've heard for a while.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    ‘Birching’ never went away. It just costs a small fortune to get that sort of abuse now.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Archangel View Post
    No, and I hate black ash as well.

Sorry, thought I had stumbled into "british woodworkers" by mistake.
    Do they have a forum? We could go there for the cuk summer holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    No, and I hate black ash as well.

Sorry, thought I had stumbled into "british woodworkers" by mistake.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is that not a wimple?
    Dont bring facts into this!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Oi
    And if there is birching who is going to do it?

We could start by looking at who has posted the most on tpd during last year - I bet http://www.testpleasedelete.com can answer that in seconds.....

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

This board is for stupid nonsense - no more good ideas.
    To criticize is to volunteer...

(apparently)

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Especially nuns?
    Oi

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Viz Top Tip - no. 432746

Tired of crime? Simply hang anyone wearing a hoody.
    Especially nuns?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X