• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Karl Rove. Nice guy."

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marina View Post
    (Or maybe they turn up in midget subs and enter the basement through underwater tunnels off the Thames )
    OR...maybe they spend several hours in make up before going to work...so as to change their appearance every day hey? I mean, one day the spy is wearing a red checkered tea towel, while the next its a black checkered one?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    As opposed to the secret spies only entrance she should have used.

You've been watching too much James Bond.

That is a point though. All the KGB/FSB or whatever they call themselves (and ditto other counter-espionage agencies) need do is rent a flat within sight of the MI6 building's entrance and photograph everyone going in and out. Over time they'd accumulate mugshots of every spy, surely?

Wouldn't surprise me if the MI6 building is linked via underground tunnels to innocuous looking buildings for half a mile around, so they can commute to work anonymously for that very reason.

(Or maybe they turn up in midget subs and enter the basement through underwater tunnels off the Thames )

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied

She could have used the same entrance Danger Mouse has been using for the last umpteen years!

Sheesh, this isnt rocket science!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman View Post
    Also interesting that for a supposed spy she was apt to using the front door of the CIA (which I assume would have been watched by all those nasty enemies of the state aye?).Mailman

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Why would anyone want to defend Karl Rove?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    More about Mr Rove:

"On August 29, 2003, retired ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV claimed that Rove leaked the identity of Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, as a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) employee,[52]
    Mate...Wilson can claim the moon is made of green eggs and ham, I am...but until proven his claims mean absolutely nothing (and before you get in, NO, Rove was not jailed for leaking that this chick was a spy).

Its a bit like guru claiming he is a professional businessman. He can claim that, but that doesnt make it a fact (because we know guru isnt a professional ).

BTW, its interesting to note that Plame herself admits she freely told Wilson she was working for the CIA the first time they screwed. Also interesting that for a supposed spy she was apt to using the front door of the CIA (which I assume would have been watched by all those nasty enemies of the state aye?).

For a spy, she seems to have been pretty lax with her own security.

Then again, I guess thats all part of the great big dirty conspiracy Rove has been running aye?

Mailman
    Last edited by Mailman; 4 June 2008, 12:31.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    More about Mr Rove:

"On August 29, 2003, retired ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV claimed that Rove leaked the identity of Wilson's wife, Valerie Plame, as a Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) employee,[52] in retaliation for Wilson's op-ed in The New York Times in which he criticized the Bush administration's citation of the yellowcake documents among the justifications for the War in Iraq enumerated in Bush's 2003 State of the Union Address".

Source.

But hey, guess there must be a big conspiracy against Mr Rove, eh MM.

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Maybe it's former Torry leader Michael Howard getting his own back, after Karl Rove slammed the phone down on him and refused to deal with the Tories for some time after.

I think that happened around the time the War in Iraq started, and was probably related, but I forget the details.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Considering the allegation came from a rabid democrat (supposedly working for the republicans) I think this one can be put to bed as nothing more than someone trying to politicaly neutralize poor, innocent Karl

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    You're absolutely right MM. Karl Rove doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd manipulate the judicial system for political purposes ... or indeed manipulate anything for political purposes ...

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    A little info on the person making all the claims;

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/clay-wa...m-dem-governor

guru said;
    He was freed on appeal. That suggests the courts found him innocent and wrongly convicted.
    HTH
    Really? wrongly convicted you say? Not according to this;

Mr. Siegelman served nine months while his lawyers appealed a federal judge’s refusal to release him on bond, pending the ex-governor’s appeal of his conviction.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/29/wa...=1&oref=slogin

So, he has only been freed, pending his appeal...he hasnt been cleared of anything has he? HTH I guess

And yet, its Rove getting fingered harder than a 2p whore...even though the floosy who made all the original allegations never even met the guy, never heard him being refered to in name, never spoke to the fulla...yet its still all Roves fault?

Go figure!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Guess some things need explaining to the hard of understanding. The issue isn't that the guy was, or wasn't guilty - but that he was targeted on the basis of his politics, at least that how it appears. Kind of like a police state, and deeply disturbing.
    Again, the person who made the allegations about over hearing someone saying something about neutralizing someone...has changed their story a number of times, which sorta raises questions about that persons motives in making the allegations in the first place.

Rubbish analogy BTW. Not really sure if you're slagging me off or complementing me, or indeed what your point is. Please try harder MM.
    I know, it was a bit high brow for you, old boy

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    so, this guys dips his hands in the trough for some back handers and suddenly he is innocent?

Mailman
    He was freed on appeal. That suggests the courts found him innocent and wrongly convicted.
    HTH

Jeez, where do we get these cretins from?
    Last edited by sasguru; 2 June 2008, 13:41.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    so, this guys dips his hands in the trough for some back handers and suddenly he is innocent?

Interesting that note the person who made the initial allegation about Rove "politically neutralizing" this geezer has changed the story more times than Snaw has had sex (not including the use of Mrs Palmer, of course).

Mailman
    Guess some things need explaining to the hard of understanding. The issue isn't that the guy was, or wasn't guilty - but that he was targeted on the basis of his politics, at least that how it appears. Kind of like a police state, and deeply disturbing.

Rubbish analogy BTW. Not really sure if you're slagging me off or complementing me, or indeed what your point is. Please try harder MM.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied

Interesting that note the person who made the initial allegation about Rove "politically neutralizing" this geezer has changed the story more times than Snaw has had sex (not including the use of Mrs Palmer, of course).

Mailman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X