• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm posting this here as no one appears...."

Collapse

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Originally posted by roadster198
    do I want to get anal for a week
    I find a week overkill and it affects my ability to walk around without looking like a rodeo contestant.

Leave a comment:

• crack_ho
    replied
    Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    it was unlikely I would get extended as the project looked to be finishing on time.
    It is your own fault really. Never deliver projects on time and you will be guaranteed an extension.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Not as such.... i've already done my BATTON DOWN THE HATCHES!! calculation for being on the bench this basically takes a month off my safety net and I'm paid a month behind so in effect I've still got two months wages 2 get.
    ah, thats yer problem. 2k for a month on the bench

good luck my friend

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    I think I'll just leave it tbh. I don't want to P off the client for future work OPs.

I'll just need to re do my calculations again.

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    aarrgh.
    dont tell me, you've already planned what it was going on

been there

Not as such.... i've already done my BATTON DOWN THE HATCHES!! calculation for being on the bench this basically takes a month off my safety net and I'm paid a month behind so in effect I've still got two months wages 2 get.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Not worth it

1 week is not the end of the world, no need to spoil it now. What you should do instead is get your manager to e-mail you a thank you note stating that your assignment was completed successfully ahead of schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    feel free to tell me to bugger off roadster, but how much will you lose here ?

£2K
    Just think of it as billing 45 weeks instead of 46 this year, then it falls into perspective.

FWIW, last year I only billed 30 odd weeks, so count yourself lucky.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    £2K
    aarrgh.
    dont tell me, you've already planned what it was going on

been there

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied

£2K

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm 90% sure I will follow this route. From my experience with the Pimp/Agency it's most likely all along they were told 30th of May was my end date.

I started my extentison a week into April so they probably dated the start of the extentsion from then and came up with the end date of 06/06/08

I just hate the fact that I had the 06/06 in my head all along as the end date. It's also a substantial amount I'm missing out on

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Pardon?
    Sorry, no need.

I just had an unsavoury vision, something akin to a goatse.

ps: there was probably no need to share that with you either.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    absolutely

NO NEED
    Pardon?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    absolutely

NO NEED
    Made me chuckle... Or maybe that says something about my sense of humour

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    I find a week overkill and it affects my ability to walk around without looking like a rodeo contestant.
    absolutely

NO NEED

Leave a comment:

• roadster198
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Wouldn't bother about it.

Is it really worth souring the relationship with the client, and spending money on court cases (assuming you want to push it that far) for a week's worth of money?

I suspect not.

Just have a week off.
    I'm 90% sure I will follow this route. From my experience with the Pimp/Agency it's most likely all along they were told 30th of May was my end date.

I started my extentison a week into April so they probably dated the start of the extentsion from then and came up with the end date of 06/06/08

I just hate the fact that I had the 06/06 in my head all along as the end date. It's also a substantial amount I'm missing out on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X