• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I can save economy again - Brown"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    There's only one thing GB is saving and that's his a$$.
    I don't want it. Atw will have it though.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Sylar View Post
    Awesome. If I ate the brain of this Gordon I could flip up a leading world economy too.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by NoddY View Post
    A chubby a$$ it is too. They're now calling him Gordon "chubby" Brown because his economic policies are a comedy.

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sylar
    replied
    Awesome. If I ate the brain of this Gordon I could feck up a leading world economy too.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Gordo is great. Him and me both know only the poor pay taxes...

PS: boom: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7401073.stm
    As it should be! There are taxes on cigarettes to discourage smoking, taxes on alcohol to disuade drinking, so the poor should pay more taxes to encourage them to be rich.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    "Cometh the hour, cometh the man".

Gordon will see us through this mess.

All we need to do is have faith and dig deep in to our pockets, and he shall deliver us from the darkness.

Easy really.

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    I know world events don't help but when you blow the economy up on cheap borrowed money, it's enevitable what's going to happen. At least increasing inflation will hope to erode the debt.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    Has anybody noticed that the UK boomed but it's the world that's going into a recession?
    Yep - same as when it happened under Thatcher and Major - it's always "world events"

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    Has anybody noticed that the UK boomed but it's the world that's going into a recession?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Poor old Gormless getting the blame for the last 10 years while slippery Tony makes a killing telling overpaid muppets how he did it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    The prices in and around Aberdeen are usually linked to the oil industry arn't they. So if that is booming ($120/b suggests it is) then that is why it will be doing well.
    That's one idea. But I wonder how much of the increase is related to the fact the cost of housing in the far north, where it has increased the most, is more to do with the sensible cost of housing in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

The prices in and around Aberdeen are usually linked to the oil industry arn't they. So if that is booming ($120/b suggests it is) then that is why it will be doing well.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    He didn't do it before - that was China really. What he did was everything he could do to cock it up

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X