• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bank Rate to go lower"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    After today’s inflation figures – they’d be barking; which means that there is a fair chance.

“Ah, but most of the inflation is in non-core items and they are less affected by interest rates”, I hear some say. True, but most of these items are imported and so foreign exchange rates are important here. Cutting rates would weaken Sterling and push inflation up even further.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Makes no difference to borrows, that rate is only going to go up.

Savers will lose out of course, they always do.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Yes indeed. It was expected that if it was held at 5% this month (it was) then next month it would be reduced by 0.25%. Now that today the CPI inflation figure is out and has gone up to 3%, they probably won't... perhaps even increase it... eek!
    Financial bloke on Working Lunch saying he fears inflation will be at 4% in 6-12 months time (and we all know that true inflation is much higher than the CPI). They may have to increase it.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by basshead View Post
    It is true you heard that on the radio.

HTH

With inflation increasing a base rate decrease is less likely.
    Yes indeed. It was expected that if it was held at 5% this month (it was) then next month it would be reduced by 0.25%. Now that today the CPI inflation figure is out and has gone up to 3%, they probably won't... perhaps even increase it... eek!

Leave a comment:

• basshead
    replied
    It is true you heard that on the radio.

HTH

With inflation increasing a base rate decrease is less likely.

Leave a comment:

• Cooperinliverp00l
    started a topic Bank Rate to go lower

Bank Rate to go lower

Is it true i heard on the radio that the Bank Of England are thinking of dropping their rate again !!!!

This is ace as my tracker offset mortgage means i'm paying the same but knocking months off my mortgage.

Of course won't benefit for another 23 years but still.....

Working...
X