• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who would make the best Mayor of London?"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
    WE DON'T NEED A MAYOR.
    We didn't have one for hundreds of years (except the Lord Mayor) and we've managed perfectly well. NewLie has introduced another tier of Gov't with huge associated costs (which are born by the local taxpayers) and duplication of authority previousy with the local councils.
    Add the appetite for ever increasing taxation/regulation.
    Cue in congestion charge, increased parking fines etc etc

I think there should be a Deputy Mayor of London and a Dept of the Deputy Mayor of London office.

Leave a comment:

• Dow Jones
    replied
    Why?

WE DON'T NEED A MAYOR.
    We didn't have one for hundreds of years (except the Lord Mayor) and we've managed perfectly well. NewLie has introduced another tier of Gov't with huge associated costs (which are born by the local taxpayers) and duplication of authority previousy with the local councils.
    Add the appetite for ever increasing taxation/regulation.
    Cue in congestion charge, increased parking fines etc etc

Leave a comment:

• Marina
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    I think

Emporer Nero
    Aleister Crowley
    Karl Hapsburg
    Bill Gates
    George Soros
    Prince Philip

Good job I didnt vote I suppose :-)
    Nero would bulldoze the West End, and replace it with a marble and gold palace 50 times the size of Buck house, with Hyde Park as his back garden.

And when it was complete he'd walk into the atrium, the size of St Pauls, and say "Now at last I can start living like a human being!"

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Andyw

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Eddie Izzard.

We'd all walk around wearing women's dresses while being chased by herds of wildebeests down Oxford Street.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Osama Bin Laden + a few unemployed Eos pilots.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    London Mayor

I think

Emporer Nero
    Aleister Crowley
    Karl Hapsburg
    Bill Gates
    George Soros
    Prince Philip

Good job I didnt vote I suppose :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Someone that represents all that is London
    so any of:

Chas n Dave
    Abu Hamsa
    Tommy Steele
    Quentin Crisp

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Genghis Khan

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Knock most of it down, re-engineer and start again.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Arnie

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Who would make the best Mayor of London?

Who would make the best Mayor of London?

If you could pick any person, living or dead, who could really sort out London and turn it from the biggest tulipe hole in the world to somewhere worth living in?

Working...
X