• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm wavering...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm wavering..."

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post

As if.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Funny I didn't picture you with any
    We're so alike, you and I.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    and took the permie role

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post

I'm a whore for money. It is not good, but at least I have nice clothes.
    Funny I didn't picture you with any

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I'm also nervous ! I reckon he's bottled it.

I'm a whore for money. It is not good, but at least I have nice clothes.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    and took the permie role

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Well have you decided yet ?
    Not completely.

It will come as no surprise to a few on here that I'm not going to go perm. The decision is whether I accept yet another contract here with only a modest break beforehand or roll off next week.

I'm pondering it over tea and toast.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    ...and it is frankly pathetic. Wilmslow would be proud of my seeming inability to turn down work.

The facts:

1. I need a break. I look and feel worn out.
    2. My contract ends next week. I have agreed with my client contact that I am finishing up then.
    3. I want time-off with cocktails and massages.

Today, two other managers here have approached me and one has offered me a permanent role and the other has offered me a 3-month contract.

Flattered and delighted as I am, this makes it harder for me to roll-off and chill out for a bit.

I need to decide tomorrow. I'm thinking of plumping for the 3-monther on the basis I get a 2-week break beforehand.

I am disappointed by my own indecisiveness. Very disappointed. It's not like me. I think I need to get laid. PM me with offers.

Sounds like you are well in there and could abuse that situation as required. Offer to come back after a month off !?

Alternatively behave like a real man and contractor and walk away !

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    ...and it is frankly pathetic. Wilmslow would be proud of my seeming inability to turn down work.

The facts:

1. I need a break. I look and feel worn out.
    2. My contract ends next week. I have agreed with my client contact that I am finishing up then.
    3. I want time-off with cocktails and massages.

Today, two other managers here have approached me and one has offered me a permanent role and the other has offered me a 3-month contract.

Flattered and delighted as I am, this makes it harder for me to roll-off and chill out for a bit.

I need to decide tomorrow. I'm thinking of plumping for the 3-monther on the basis I get a 2-week break beforehand.

I am disappointed by my own indecisiveness. Very disappointed. It's not like me. I think I need to get laid. PM me with offers.

I am indeed very proud of you my son.

Personally – I would take a blue sky break for a couple of weeks, then a three month extension. I am assuming that there is the chance to go permie after the extension? (This is what I did).

What is the permie money like and how commutable is the clientco? What are the hours like?

This way you get a break, 3 months of the good money, while seeing how the economy stabilizes.

Just my ‘onion’.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    When youre weary, feeling small,
    When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all;
    Im on your side. when times get rough
    And friends just cant be found,
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    I will lay me down.

When youre jaded, feeling low
    When stress is in your head, we will comfort you;
    We're on your side. Now times are rough
    Your friends on CUK
    Like a bridge over troubled water
    We will lay us down.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Crosby
    replied
    Never surrender.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    A proper contractor would take them both.

Apologies for bringing this thread back on topic.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Kayak have fares to Koh Samui for £900!
    My brother lives there!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X